Dear Max

i don't know much about that side of the world...but I would never go over there just because i don't want to die.

yeah i know its dumb...but like i said, i don't know much about that place, just the bad things :(

but please karen, enlighten me cause it looks like a pretty place.

My uncle lives in Rishon Letziyon. It was definitely really nice from what I remember.

Arsim are very obnoxious, but they are also very warm and friendly, so I don't mind the rude behavior.

I'm still not sure if I'm going though. I probably wouldn't know until the last minute. I'd like to stay by my friend, but he lives in El Ad, which is full of Haredim. I might look into Petach Tikvah though.
I would stay in Bat Yam, but it's not really an area where they speak English (none of my family does either), and my Hebrew speaking skills have gotten really horrible in the past 3 years or so, even though I supposedly have an accent.

I'm sure I'd enjoy it though. As it is, I feel pretty bad that it's been so long since I have last been there. Especially since my mom goes there every time she goes to Europe for business, and I usually don't

Liver: Israel is extremely safe, and many areas are really breathtaking. Plus, you can get alcohol really cheap, and they have some amazing wines there. There are also a lot of fun/big city areas. So you'd have a lot of fun there.
The people are very warm and friendly as well, although many Americans tend to think they are obnoxious and rude

i don't know much about that side of the world...but I would never go over there just because i don't want to die.

yeah i know its dumb...but like i said, i don't know much about that place, just the bad things :(

but please karen, enlighten me cause it looks like a pretty place.

I'll tell you a story that might explain...

A few years ago when I still lived in Holland, my uncle bought me tickets to see a show with him in NYC. One of my Dutch friends saw me a few days before my flight and told me to watch myself really carefully because she heard NYC is full of gangs and murders.
I couldn't stop the huge smile I had on my face, as this friend was completely serious and actually "warned" me about the dangers in NYC...
Needless to say- this friend has never been in NYC, she just "saw on TV" how scary it is.
Now for you, and me, and everyone else who's been to NYC a million times: that "warning" is obviously absurd. SURE- NYC has gangs and murders, but it's not like that's all you'll see e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e in the city.
It's the same as Israel... what you see on the news is just a small part of the country that is SHITTY and disgusting... that part of FAR FAR from anywhere you'd be if you'll ever come here... I don;t expect you to visit the Gaza strip, right?

There is a reason why they call Tel Aviv (and the area) "the bubble" it's because we live our lives there so far from every thing the world sees on TV...... you have no idea.

My flight tomorrow to Germany is at 5:50 PM out of Boston. On Sunday I fly from Frankfurt to Tel Aviv, an awesome 11 PM flight which leaves me in Israel at the wonderful hour of 4 or 5 AM.

COOL!!
I thought it was around this time which is why I bumped the thread. *awaits for her cookie*

Have fun babe!!

You know where to find me if you need "on the spot" help when you're there, with anything at all, K? :)

Haha so I was packing today, and I was going to put my Orphaned Land shirt in, but then I felt that would be like going to a concert and wearing the shirt of the band thats playing, and I didn't want to be that guy :D