Death Metal 2006

Benighted - Nemesis Steer well clear if you dislike "modern" DM with influences from both brutal DM and thrash

nice ... :kickass:
wtf is in the water in France lately ... the good stuff is coming out of the woodwork

Thumbs up to the Lurch

Classic picture alert:

pv_1113131391a3667f60e305ed6f1f08bf233fb740.jpg

Can someone upload a sample of the new Cannibal Corpse? Their last several albums, while perfectly good stuff, just didn't capture my interest like the older material. Bloodthirst was the last one to make me think OMG AWESOME.

Honestly I haven't really been blown away by a death metal release since In Their Darkened Shrines.

Yeah, this is pretty good. I love it when Fishfinder does his fast delivery.

I guess they never replaced Jack Owen?

Henrik Main said:

See, this is how it should be. This sounds like Bolt Thrower meets Aeternus or something.

I award you with one :kickass:

Feel free to keep recommending stuff like this, as opposed to stuff like Hate Eternal or any other shit that rambles incoherently or goes off on tangents.

Remember: mid paced > *.*

There has to be one band out there that's done something as spectacular as "Desperate Cry", it's only been 15 years.

JayKeeley said:
See, this is how it should be. This sounds like Bolt Thrower meets Aeternus or something.

I award you with one :kickass:

Feel free to keep recommending stuff like this, as opposed to stuff like Hate Eternal or any other shit that rambles incoherently or goes off on tangents.

Remember: mid paced > *.*

Thing is, I'm usually not a big fan of mid paced stuff. Some bands, however, do that crushing, mid-paced shit extremely well, one of them being Drawn And Quartered (though I must admit that the highlight of this song is the fast part with the cool lead :p ).

MP3 from Aeternus' latest release, for those of you who are interested