Death Metal Bands

wow thats awesome! haha belac y u no talk about your band more.

also, id actually like to take a moment and congratulate the desolators. i mean, lots of people start random bands, and there are random forum bands too. but the fact that you guys all became friends, and are making quality music, and better yet getting it published, to me is excellent :D.
i actually tell people about this forum, and about the people ive met on here, i realised last month ive been posting on here for 5 years almost, and ive known a pretty sizable amount of people. some i never talk to outside here, some ive talked to for years outside of here, and some i dont care if i talk to again (none of you reading this though :p).

i dont make a lot of friends, and i dont know what to call you guys :lol:, but i legit love this forum, even if we never talk abotu bloodbath :lol:

Well Nepenthe was all over the place for a while I myself had to leave the band due to working ridiculous hours. I re-joined a couple months ago after they failed to find a proper vocalist and I got a new shift. We have an unmastered demo song, but it's not the final version so I have not posted it yet.

nice haha, last pm i got was in august 2011, and before that was sometime in 2010 :lol:

if i say shit out loud im bound to say even more dumb shit in private

youve all got fair warning now

time to get drunk (well in an hour, still got one more page on this fucking essay, dear diary...)

what else can i fill this post with.....

havent heard much death metal lately.......aside from the classics i continue to return to. anyone here ever heard of disrupt? fucking classic album (and like out of nowhere 6 songs in a girl starts singing, and shes a fucking banshee)

Last edited by a moderator:
what else can i fill this post with.....

havent heard much death metal lately.......aside from the classics i continue to return to. anyone here ever heard of disrupt? fucking classic album (and like out of nowhere 6 songs in a girl starts singing, and shes a fucking banshee)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwN2DTZpkcQ

Hell yes! One of my favorite Boston bands.

I was waiting for a final version but that might be a while, thus I am going to post what we recorded a while back, the quality is still quite good aside from a few unbalanced parts. We recorded this in about 4 hours for a local band compilation, the vocals are not mixed in completely yet, and the drums still need to be adjusted still.

http://soundcloud.com/ryandmeloche/nepenthe-mortal-dissonance

Nice! Vocals reminded me a bit of Carcass, very good vocals.

Thanks, vocals turned out not bad all things considered. I did the whole thing in about 15 minutes since we were tight on time. The outro to the song in general is pretty epic too.

At least someone clicked the link :). I'm almost disappointed I didn't hear Stefan make a melo-death crack.

Me and my band of homosexuals are opening for Cryptopsy April 29th, it shall be epic.

wow, congrats :) hopefully they'll play some of their awesome stuff and less of their un-awesome stuff

also, id actually like to take a moment and congratulate the desolators. i mean, lots of people start random bands, and there are random forum bands too. but the fact that you guys all became friends, and are making quality music, and better yet getting it published, to me is excellent :D.
i actually tell people about this forum, and about the people ive met on here, i realised last month ive been posting on here for 5 years almost, and ive known a pretty sizable amount of people. some i never talk to outside here, some ive talked to for years outside of here, and some i dont care if i talk to again (none of you reading this though :p).

i dont make a lot of friends, and i dont know what to call you guys :lol:, but i legit love this forum, even if we never talk abotu bloodbath :lol:

haha, it's pretty epic indeed when you think about it :) can't wait to release our full length!

i love this forum too, i really miss "the good old days" though

Yeah the golden age has sorta passed, back when the growling thread was still active and people were like "bloodbath wtfmakeur next album plz kthx fags:)". but I agree I love hanging out on this particular board, you guys are the shit even if we are fewer in number. We have been fortunate to have cool people wander into the forum every once in a while to help keep it alive

"Lets make one riff, add a new layer of a silent guitar/vocals/piano every 30sec, put Lee on top of that and add some orchestral shit to totally make everything sound like a powerful mess, do it 10 times and you have an album with the same song over and over and call it the best thing we ever did"

Its become a cheap trick on every song to make them "powerful", USE YOUR FUCKING GUITARS DAMNIT!!!.

Thats pretty much how I feel about Anathema right now, for fucks sake its like they have forgotten how to write normal songs. :erk: