Death Metal Bands

I'll slap you right in your penis.

Honestly though... Death and Possessed in particular... I get extremely tired of. I'll admit Death had their moments of pure awesomeness... but Possessed.. I hate Possessed. Any time I've ever heard someone say how great Seven Churches is... I just... dont hear it... I think it's plain awful. Yea they're the grandfathers of death metal and we should worship them accordingly... but I hate that mentality.

They were brootal and evil 20 years ago... things have changed and they're far below my standards of death metal. (and there are plenty of albums from the late 80s and early 90s I listen to all the time)

My annoyance with Death is the fanboyism... omg evil chuck greatest death metal band ever right ahead of slayer

I also dislike the old death metal vocal delivery of screamed thrash vocals...

In short

QQ
tl:dr

+1

I just think that these bands need to be more well known. And well, Breeding Death is the closest sound to these bands, so I'll still post them. I know 95% of the posters here don't know much about pre-95 DM, but I feel like I can teach a little...and I'm not trying to be cocky with that statement, I've only listened to Metal(well underground metal you would say) since 99-00, but I think I have a good chunk of knowledge about the bands.

But don't let my words make you leave a forum, if you can't handle the internet you shouldn't be on it.

Stefan has it almost right :p

I get you.
I usually check out the stuff you promote, but nothing ever sticks on me. :)

yup, and to clarify. classic death metal (85-92/93 whatever) goes like this:

Death > Swedish stuff > Morbid Angel > Rest of the shit people are claiming to be good
For the first time in my history of this forum. I totally agree with stefan.

Its kinda funny though that 99% of the bands you promote here sound nothing like BB. Not that everything people talk about here sounds like BB but your stuff are so far away its almost ridiculous even trying to get it through to people here, I thought you would have given up by now. :)

NP: Authorize - Subco
nscious Nightmare :headbang:
Good Point, Agreed. :)
I'd say he has points since no one seems to listen to any actual Death Metal bands beyond Bloodbath which reeks of Opeth/Katatonia fanboi-ism, but I still agree the bands are too tr00, even for me :) So I guess you both will be bitchslapping me now :) Mm, bitchslaps :)
what do you mean "no one"? :zombie:

+1 <3 :oops:

That's because of your twisted unbrootal music taste ;) I like Scavenger ov Human Sorrow-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah and Flesh And The Power It Holds the most I think :) It's a good album but nothing compared to Human and Symbolic :)

as for me i like the old school death metal specially the Finnish bands like Demigod and Adramelech etc.. it's really a great music right there.

as for me i like the old school death metal specially the Finnish bands like Demigod and Adramelech etc.. it's really a great music right there.

Have you listened to Slugathor?

They're a newer Finnish band... but they're definitely worth checking out. Echoes from Beneath is one of the best dm albums of this year.

Finnish DM to check out: Abhorrence, Ascended, Belial(Early), Astaroth, Convulse, Claws, Funebre, Interment, Mordicus, Mythos, Necropsy, Purtenance, Ride For Revenge, Rippikoulu, Stench Of Decay.