death or children of bodom?

Death are really fun to play. Especially the songs from TSOP just make's the guitar feel like silk in my hands :D

Death and COB are problaby my two favourite bands ever, and I can't really say who's better since their so different. Chuck was a better guitarist than Alexi though IMO

death's music is excellent, and there is no doubt that chuck is a great guitar player, though i have one criticism which is chuck's voice sounds really annoying to me, it reminds me of dani filth and thats not good, if it had a good vocalist then i would enjoy their music much more

Bed_Of Razors666 said:
death's music is excellent, and there is no doubt that chuck is a great guitar player, though i have one criticism which is chuck's voice sounds really annoying to me, it reminds me of dani filth and thats not good, if it had a good vocalist then i would enjoy their music much more
you haven't heard much death have you? go listen to human and tell me he sounds anything like dani filth.

Death and Bodom are apples or oranges in my opinion. They are easily my two most listened to bands, however i get so much more out of Death, especially the latter albums. Any single riff on The Sound of Perserverance or Symbolic just has so much power and says so much. There is never any filler on a Death album. Its not packaged to have one particular sound and can be brutal as hell but not loose any meaning or emotion in the process. I listen to both bands about equally but I only see myself listening to one of them ten of fifteen years from now. That one band is Death. A bit off topic but i just got a new Death sweathshirt :)

I read an interview with Chuck on emptywords.org where he said that later on he didn't want to sing like that anymore, but the fans wanted to hear Death, so he still did that. That gave him less credit in my book. But even then He > Jesus

Heavenscent said:
I read an interview with Chuck on emptywords.org where he said that later on he didn't want to sing like that anymore, but the fans wanted to hear Death, so he still did that. That gave him less credit in my book. But even then He > Jesus
why would pleasing the fans give him less credit? he made control denied so he didn't have to sing, that was his solution. Death with different vocals wouldn't be Death anymore, hence Control Denied...