Death - the sound of perserverance

Heliotropic_Rose

in the soil beneath
Nov 17, 2004
Austin, Texas
I just got this album the other day, it's fucking great, it was the deluxe issue so it has a concert DVD as well!

I was trying to learn "Voice of the Soul" it seems pretty easy and I have most of it down, but it doesn't sound right when I play it with the cd, does anyone know how the tuning is on it, is it like some Dimebag 1/4 step down or something or what, anyone know?

You're clearly a fucking idiot. That album had no rock in it. At all. Additionally, the man fucking invented "technical death metal." He wasn't dressing up shit. I love it when NFU cocksuckers say things that are REALLY stupid.

coolsnow7 said:
You're clearly a fucking idiot. That album had no rock in it. At all.

Verse/Chorus repeat. Thanks for playing.

Additionally, the man fucking invented "technical death metal."

Another revisionist historian, I see. Nevermind that Death didn't try its hand at the 'technical' thing until several other bands (notably Atheist) had already been at the game for some time. And, let's not forget that Chuck didn't hop on the bandwagon until he'd recruited two members of Cynic, who brought their style (in a stripped down format, so an amateur like Chuck could keep up) to "his" album.

I love it when NFU cocksuckers say things that are REALLY stupid.

Sorry, I speak English, not Chatrish, care to clarify?

I know a lot of people who really dig it. But it's just not my thing.

I also hate the rendition of Painkiller, it just sounds sluggish (not unlike the album overall IMO) and the falsetto screaming gets really boring.

Then again I've never really been a big fan of Death.

coolsnow7 said:
You're clearly a fucking idiot. That album had no rock in it. At all. Additionally, the man fucking invented "technical death metal." He wasn't dressing up shit. I love it when NFU cocksuckers say things that are REALLY stupid.

how is that guy an NFU cocksucker? i dont think ive ever even seen him post here before, let alone even know who i am.

Great album.

I have the Control Denied demos with Warrell Dane singing a few of the songs that ended up being on that album as they forced Chuck to do another Death album first before they'd finance a Control Denied album.

I don't think its Schuldiners best at all. I much prefer Human, Symbolic and Individual Thought patterns.
Schuldiner was hardly an "amateur", if he really was, do you think that muscians such as Hoglan, Masidval, Reihhhart, LaRoque, Christy and DiGiorgio would have even bothered to work with him?