Death vox (Sorry to do this)

Risquit said:
Speaking of bukkake, me and my friend are working on a Flash animation called The Bukkake Warrior. Its about a guy who produces vast amounts of jiz and uses said jiz to fight crime. His arch enemies are the Cum-guzzling Ass Ninjas, an organized crime group with funnel-shaped mouths, whom BW has a hard time defeating. Hmmm, maybe he needs a sidekick...

yeah dude, be sure to link us to that when you are finished.

That was so brilliantly timed that I now pronounce you a god

(for me at least...I don't know I just took speed)[/QUOTE]

Thank You for your kind words

:lol: :lol: wow this thread is great

anyway to (attempt to) answer the initial question, the way i do my vox is, i sort of take a deep breath and 'clench' my stomach, squeezing the air out instead of just exhaling, and just try different ways of "shaping" your throat/mouth while doing it... for more screamy type stuff i think i concentrate more on the roof of the mouth, and for lower growliness, its more about the back of the mouth/lower in the throat, but trying to get the sound from the stomach.

if that doesn't work, use the aforementioned black man bukkake method. but for your own sake, don't try to cut corners and use white guys. trust me it's just a waste of your time :(

Risquit said:
Speaking of bukkake, me and my friend are working on a Flash animation called The Bukkake Warrior. Its about a guy who produces vast amounts of jiz and uses said jiz to fight crime. His arch enemies are the Cum-guzzling Ass Ninjas, an organized crime group with funnel-shaped mouths, whom BW has a hard time defeating. Hmmm, maybe he needs a sidekick...

A friend and I were talking about making a similarly themed flash game also... titled buKKKake, where you start as a lowly klu klux klansmen and you use your mad buKKKake skills to work your way up to grand wizard.

Use your stomach. A good way to do it is to imagine that you're trying to puke out your innards while talking. Also, if you intend to do black metal vocals, do your best impersonation of the little girl from the Exorcist.

Enjoy!

Cephalanthera said:
agreed. that guy is crazy. i saw them live and he did everything perfectly.

yeah i was SUPPOSED to see them. i went to the cave in/converge/btbam show, but my friends and i stopped at this place to get some eats, and the waitress fuckin took forever, and the parking in philly is pretty bad. my friend thought the show wouldn't start for like 30 min till after doors opened, but..needless to say we missed btbam. of the 3 bands, they're who i wanted to see most. i was pretty god damn pissed.

This is what you do...get a wife beater, some baggy pants at least 10 sizes beyond yours, get a spiky foot long green goatee, piercings all over your face, paint your fingernails black, get some black lipstick too, acquire a "you laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same" shirt to wear around your waste...and you're set. All you have to do is knell down as if you're trying to squeeze into some small box, holding the end of the mic with both hands(as if you're pushing it) and let out the most angst ridden hush growls ever. Then start bending in half to contribute to that mean SiC stage presence of yours. The rest of the band should be jumping with their guitars literally on the floor. side effects: back problems
Enjoy! heaavy meetaaallll \m/

The absent friend said:
I know theres about a million threads on this but I just can't seem to get find a proper answer in any of em

How the hell do you do death vocals? Im in a cover band with a few mates of mine and we're gonna start doing some Opeth songs but I gotta learn this stuff first.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Euhm....your name is not very original......!

AbsentFriend said:
Euhm....your name is not very original......!

heh yeah sorry bout that - I didn't actually realise there was someone else on the forums with that name till I saw ya in the Mike Ebay thread o_O