Deathcore bands that don't suck?

Job For A Cowboy
Ingested (More Brutal Death Metal than Deathcore, but it has some elements I guess)

I know I have more suggestions, but I can't think of them, I have so much music on my computer I forget what genre some of them are.

Suicide Silence is garbage IMO.

Ill check out those other bands.

Just give this one track a shot.

The Cleansing was deathcore-by-the-numbers and boring as fuck, The Black Crown was fucking nu-core or something, but NTTB has some good shit on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Job For A Cowboy
Ingested (More Brutal Death Metal than Deathcore, but it has some elements I guess)

I know I have more suggestions, but I can't think of them, I have so much music on my computer I forget what genre some of them are.

I like Veil of Maya (they are very "djent" though), Acrania,Ingested, etc. Veil of Maya being by far my favorite. Fallujah is also considered deathcore I believe and are quite awesome.

Can't remember if or when I've heard Job For a Cowboy...

I forgot about Job For A Cowboy! Seen them several years back when they were starting to garner a lot of attention. They were and still are one of the tightest bands I've seen. I should really check out some of their albums.

Never got into Suicide Silence. I do remember Carnifex being badass.

One of the best shows I saw ever was JfaC, Whitechapel, Cattle Decap, and Gaza back in like 2010. All four bands were goddamn devastating. Whitechapel is snoresville on albums, but with a pit going it's mayhem.

DF is out of control live. You almost forget they're just a three piece. And I swear hits his kicks so hard the whole drum kit wobbles.

Yeah John sounds even bigger than most 2 guitarist bands, Suffocation is the most intense shit ever though, Guy and Terrence sound like a fucking earthquake.

I was at this show last year. Dying Fetus kicked fucking ass. I was somewhere up front getting crazy for this song ;)

As far as a few good deathcore bands, I'd go with Despised Icon,
early I Declare War (with Jon Huber) mainly their album Amidst the Bloodshed, Animosity, and Through the Eyes of the Dead.

I saw Suffocation live at a small club in Albany NY years ago. Can't remember the Club. Sometime around when they reformed and it was easily one of the heaviest brutal live shows have seen. I was standing in front of Terrance actually. I've seen stuff on youtube.com also recently with crappy video cam recordings of suffocation, but they still sound so fucking heavy and brutal. And they actually play for a decent amount of time also. At what they do no one has skill they have. As far as I'm concerned they're legends.

I second Through the Eyes of the Dead, I always thought of them as being more Death Metal than anything, but now that I think of it it's more Deathcore.

Deathcore can be kinda hard to pin down when you talk bands like JfaC who really drift more toward regular ol' death metal or Ingested who drift toward slam. Then you get the standard-bearers like Whitechapel, Carnifex, and Oceano.

I think, just like most genres, there are great bands and a LOOOOOT of shitty ones. And honestly, isn't it a good thing that there are death metal influenced artists out there introducing teenagers to the heavier music? People bitch that it's trendy and Hot Topic shit, but... ain't that all right? Some 14 year old kid finds a Black Dahlia shirt he likes, listens to the band, maybe a year or so later he's burning through old Morbid Angel and Cryptopsy albums, then next thing you know he's on UM taking suggestions out of the Albums thread.

I used to be a counselor and I knew a bunch of kids who liked bands like Bring Me the Horizon or whatever and asked me for suggestions for when they could go home, and so I'd give them a list of more "trve" bands and then they'd come back to me asking for more.

I'm assuming we're talking newschool deathcore, as opposed to what i used to consider deathcore...and i hate to say the only band i like mentioned here so far that i'd put in that "new school deathcore" genre that doesn't suck IMO would be Despised Icon. And i will say JFAC has improved. These guys are local and good though. They dont really play anymore but i dont think they've broken up.

Blake and Dustie from Between the Buried and Me and Adam from Wretched are in this band

"Deathcore" is kinda misleading, yeah. It should mean "death plus hardcore" but in practice it refers to "death plus metalcore".

Side note: Acacia Strain is the shit. I don't give a good god damn what anyone says, I can blast Wormwood OR Death is the Only Mortal any day of the week.

Im going to go ahead and say i like Acacia Strain....almost feel that they're one of those "guilty pleasure" bands, but fuck it

Bumping an old thread here, but

Impending Doom's new album "Death Will Reign" has some pretty decent tracks.

Especially the last one on the album