Metallica

The night they played here the sound was bad. Very bad. And Kirk didnt' do much at all. Bit of a let down.

Kirk is definitly NOT the best guitarist in the world. Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are two of the greatest and its a pity that Kirk didn't keep at it.

Eire

TakinTheMusicBack said:
The Metallica fans do - check out their board. They're all mad.
Only on the "All Metallica" board. Those idiots suck, the rest aren't bad.

For the record, Kirk Hammett is my favorite guitarist (obviously he's not the best), but even if he is sloppy now, the first 5 albums will never NOT be good, no matter what happens now.

I dont care how good any band is, I wouldn't pay half of what metallica charge to see them. No show is worth $50+. A slayer show might run 30 but it is worth it. It is the occational treat. Call me cheap but the typical people who spend that kinda money to see a show don't go to many.

Tavaron said:
Only on the "All Metallica" board. Those idiots suck, the rest aren't bad.

For the record, Kirk Hammett is my favorite guitarist (obviously he's not the best), but even if he is sloppy now, the first 5 albums will never NOT be good, no matter what happens now.
We all KNOW the first 5 albums were great, that's why we're all so pissed off Metallica are shite now. If you're going to give people like me bad rep for saying St Anger is garbage, you better get ready to dish out a lot more bad rep, cos a lot of older Metallica fans post here, and 99% think St Anger is laughable.
Just because the first 5 albums were brilliant doesn't mean we can't comment on how sloppy Kirk is - or does it? :guh:

Metallica were the first Metal band I ever got into, no Metal band I got into after that were anywhere near as good as 80's Metallica (except Maiden). Metallica started Thrash, inspired Metal worldwide and much more. Long live 80's Metallica.

Metallica are now pathetic, they completely suck. St Anger is the biggest pile of garbage i've ever heard (the drums are even played with garbage cans).

St Anger isn't even Metal, it's more like a gay version of Punk.