New Metallica?

MetalHeadMarc

Dark Lord of the Sith
Sep 7, 2002
Tallahassee, FL
Visit site
I know all you Tr00 ones out there are gonna tells me I'm crazies but I think the new Metallica may not suck. I'm not saying it's gonna be Earth shattering but...I like what I've heard so far on their mission Metallica site. Shit man, there is gonna be some lead guitar!

I'm getting tired of threads about old bands new material (which is 99% of the time, shit). Who gives a shit tbqfh?

Rant over.

I remember the first cassette tape I ever owned was Master of Puppets and the first concert I ever attended was Metallica/Danzig/Suicidal in 94' so I guess they hold a special place with me. Its hard to take any interest anymore though. They should just call it quits tbh

I'm a fanboy. They were the first heavy band I listened to when I was younger.

metallica got me into metal but they haven't released anything resembling music since 91 so nostalgia simply isn't enough for me to give two shits about their newest sonic abortion

I'll be interested to check it out purely because they finally fucked Bob Rock off. Rick Rubin could have some decent influence over the band. My hopes of it being any good are not high though.

It will take a lot from them to regain respect, if they do it I'll shit. It sounds like they are on the right fucking track so far, some new riffs, thrashy playing,better Vocal power, old tunings, new drum sound, bring it on Metallica its do or die.

I'll be interested to check it out purely because they finally fucked Bob Rock off. Rick Rubin could have some decent influence over the band. My hopes of it being any good are not high though.

well Rick Rubin couldn't keep Slayer from going downhill so I don't have much hope for this one...

Metallica and Megadeth's albums in the 80's are fairly equal. Well alright, Metallica's were clearly better (just me being biased cause I got into Metallica first), but you can't say Dave didn't try, Peace Sells and So Far, So Good... are both quality albums. And remember, half of Kill em All and Ride the Lightning have Dave's writing credits.

Oh yeah and I'll give the new Metallica a listen when it comes out.