New Metallica?

I will be seeing Metallica in two days, this coming Friday.

I am interested to hear if they play some new stuff, which I assume they will. I am not sure how well I will be able to judge it, though, since I haven't been a fan since Garage Days.

I will be seeing Metallica in two days, this coming Friday.

I am interested to hear if they play some new stuff, which I assume they will. I am not sure how well I will be able to judge it, though, since I haven't been a fan since Garage Days.

Metallica are always fun live. I remember seeing them back on the St. Anger tour, and while I didn't enjoy the album, the concert was fucking awesome.

Zephyrus said:
Just what this forum needs. More Metallica and Opeth wars.

Fuck ya rly! Join in the fun!

*purchases truckful of manure wholesale*
*purchases Bart Simpson slingshot*

I'm just adding my input, I'm not trying to get involved with the above arguments.

Anyway about the new material. Its not the greatest but its also not bad, it seems like the album would be worth a purchase as far as hard rock goes. Its better then some emo band or some hip hop artist talkin about money.

While Rick Rubin is a decent producer, he does not instantly turn everything to gold.

Either way I like what I hear and I'll probably pick up the album, those guys got me into music.

he doesn't write metallica's music either... the point which you clearly missed is that people are hopeful that rick rubin as metallica's new producer will save them... it didn't save slayer so why would it save metallica?

The Metallica situation is totally different than the Slayer situation. Metallica is in much more critical condition to the metal world than what Slayer ever was. Bob Rock fed them lots of bullshit, and he was a master of cut and paste he was, but Rick is advising them and its up to the band if they follow through or not with his hints. In Metallicas situation Rick has helped them mold some of their old sound back in a way, so that is a automatic plus. He is also trying to make them hungry again for the riffs, the energy,etc... Bob Rock spoiled them with lots of fast food, and half ass lazy sessions. I wouldnt say save either, Metallica are in their mid 40's and could easily spend the rest of their career touring and playing oldies but goldies.

I'll agree with that. Normally I'd be in Bob Rock's defense. But he fucked with Our Lady Peace too. There are just some lines...

I grew up on Metallica. I haven't listened to them in a very long time with the exception of when I busted out RtL about 3 months ago. Now, just recently I started listening to Justice again. That's damn near the best (or my favorite) album I've ever heard - period. I have respect for any band that release an album that great, even though they only did it once.

It revitalized my interest in them. I would really like to see the direction they take on this new album. I don't see any epic potential there, but I don't think it will suck.

I might download the new album and listen to it once, just for a good laugh. It won't necessarily be their worst ever. But I think that at very best, it will be as good as the Black album, and that's not very good IMO.

Metallica has always been overrated. At their best I see them only as a good Thrash band, never as one who can reach the heights bands like Megadeth, Overkill, Testament and Nevermore can. Many people think that they went downhill with Load; to me they went downhill as soon as the overrated Master of Puppets.

In any case, from the youtube videos of the scraped songs I'll be surprised if the new album turns out to be anything resembling good cause I really doubt that with the limited talent those guy had that they can produce any more good music.

Metallica has always been overrated. At their best I see them only as a good Thrash band, never as one who can reach the heights bands like Megadeth, Overkill, Testament and Nevermore can. Many people think that they went downhill with Load; to me they went downhill as soon as the overrated Master of Puppets.

In any case, from the youtube videos of the scraped songs I'll be surprised if the new album turns out to be anything resembling good cause I really doubt that with the limited talent those guy had that they can produce any more good music.

I don't even know where to start...:ill::zombie:

I believe the new album won't be great, though. It's been like 20 years since they record / create anything decent.

Their four first albums are amazing, though. They were the best fucking band back in they day. And their shows are still great (no wonder they play mostly the old stuff).

lol?

Overkill and Testament have never reached the heights that Metallica has reached.

Nuff' said.