Definitive folk/pagan/viking metal.

Reminiscence

Oblique and Nebulous
Nov 1, 2005
Lakewood, CO
I need to add one more CD to an order and I am having the toughest time of it. Help me decide! Enslaved- Eld or Frost, Finntroll- Jacktens Tid, Asmegin- Hin Vordende Sod, Falkenbach- Heralding: The Fireblade, or a random Cruachan or Einherjer CD. Don't recommend anything outside of that. I know Elvenking and Lumsk are great but I can't find their stuff cheaply.

A Trace Of Blood said:
I need to add one more CD to an order and I am having the toughest time of it. Help me decide! Enslaved- Eld or Frost, Finntroll- Jacktens Tid, Asmegin- Hin Vordende Sod, Falkenbach- Heralding: The Fireblade, or a random Cruachan or Einherjer CD. Don't recommend anything outside of that. I know Elvenking and Lumsk are great but I can't find their stuff cheaply.

Or Frost! Both are amazing albums. Eld is a bit more... melancholic. Which is why I like it more. But Frost is still very good.

Innipunn said:
I would have stayed away from Cruachan (except their first album) and Elvenking.

I recommend "Eld" by Enslaved and "Far, Far North" by Einherjer.

What's wrong with those two bands? By the way, I went with both Asmegin and Eld. I think next order will see Finntroll and Falkenbach or Einherjer.

A Trace Of Blood said:
What's wrong with those two bands? By the way, I went with both Asmegin and Eld. I think next order will see Finntroll and Falkenbach or Einherjer.

Finntrolls Jacktens tid is a masterpiece, it is better than both of those bands(Falkenbach,Einherjer) put together.

Enslaved -everything up to Mardraum is heavily Viking, just with different styles as Enslaved were searching for a more progressive sound.

Also, get yourself a copy of Bathory's "Hammerheart" album. Masterpiece.