Deliverance vs. Ghost Reveries.

Deliverance vs. Ghost Reveries

• Deliverance

Votes: 83 41.7%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 116 58.3%

• Total voters
I love both. I prefer both GR and Deliverance to Morningrise and Orchid.

And though I don't care for TGC, Isolation Years is in my top 10 opeth tracks.

Scarlett Letterman said:
Posterity will say Deliverance, but GR is new and commercial so it will win.

too commercial

deliverance is the best so far.........GR really sucks .. and BWP sucks except lepper affinity and harvest

metal_wrath said:
Because they were not going to do the album at fist and eventually realized they had a lot of material for an acoustic album and thus recorded it to compliment Deliverance.

if the parts came naturally...i dont see how its forced. that just makes deliverance seem forced because he was trying to hold back what was normally a common element of Opeth albums/songs.

Necromantic-Hiko said:
if the parts came naturally...i dont see how its forced. that just makes deliverance seem forced because he was trying to hold back what was normally a common element of Opeth albums/songs.
How does that explain 'For Absent Friends' instrumental or the acoustic parts in the title track.

Deliverance has the best song on it aka self titled but Ghost Reveries is great all round. However Deliverance has AFJ. Oh goddam it now im confused

GR

I'll go with Deliverance. For me it's the best Opeth album as far as drumming is concerned. It has a few moments that make me shiver + it's more coherent.

GR wins, because Wreath and BTPISIO are relatively weak tracks...and TGC isn't so bad in my opinion! although I found parts of GR feeling too "light"