Demilich

Xorv

Drug the Priest
May 30, 2005
the bowels of lochness
:headbang: Anyone know if these guys are coming back? what happened? ya I know they got screwed, but it's in the past get over it and record me some more tech death!!! DEMILICH!!! :headbang: Most unique tech death band ever. If you disagree then may a thousand monkies reign upon your soul.

I'm not trying to put them down, but I think that they get talked about more than they deserved. How much can you talk about one album? I think that had they not split up, we wouldn't have to hear people ask if they are getting back together every week.

I'm not trying to put them down, but I think that they get talked about more than they deserved. How much can you talk about one album? I think that had they not split up, we wouldn't have to hear people ask if they are getting back together every week.

Truth. And to be honest, I think Nespithe, at best, deserves an 8/10. They're good, but not, like, legendary.

Nespithe gets 10/10 from me. My only problem with the album is it's really quite.

If they did not split up you would probably hear about them more. You only really hear about them on this board. I never hear about the oldschool swedish and finland death metal cds I enjoy anywhere else.

Yeah see the thing is they're actually GOOD so there's a reason they get praised not just because they had one album and then split up.

I think they get praised because they were actually unique for the time compared to majority of death metal, and still are to this day compared to majority of death metal.

However, at the time of Nespithe's release, bands like Death and Atheist were more technical, and most NYDM (Suffocation and Incantation come to mind) bands were more brutal. The vocals are absolutely unique, I'll concede to that.

Death and Athiest expirimental albums barely resemble death metal. Demilich is 100% death metal while being expirimental so in death metal it's more significant imo. Pestilence -spheres an Cynic 'focus' might be considered technical but barely resemble death metal also.

Note* Incantation is not originally from New York nor have similiar style to majority of NY death metal. Incantation is darkened and has obvious black metal influence which you can't say is a NY trait.