Demon of the Fiz-all

wow man....niel...are you recording direct with your guitar? you've gotta be...no one can mic up an amp and make it sound that clear under that much distortion...great job...

the usual, incredibly awesome. what the fuck else is new. lol. you still have copies of the DIE album? i'll be wanting one, i'll pay for it if necessary.

Thank you everybody for listening and for the kind words.

I agree with all the criticisms (except for it sounding like nu-metal...I don't get that...I guess I'll never know what numetal is...):

1. The drums are poopy (especially during drum rolls) because they are programmed. The clean part near the end did not come out at all like I wanted it to (Lopez puts alot of shuffle on those beats...drum programs are not good at shuffle...)

2. It was very lazy of me not to double the first verse with garbage disposal voice. Shame on me.

3. My singing voice sucks. I can't sing.

A more accurate description of this would have been to say that barring the fact that the drums are programmed, I sing like an asshole, and this is a computer recording done with a shitty computer mic, a pod xt, and pirated recording software.....

It came out pretty good. :lol: It doesn't really matter, it's just a cover that I did for fun.

Thanks for listening, really. I am going to update the version of Advent that Korlich was asking about. It never came out like I wanted it too...

---
Q and A: I have been playing guitar for almost ten years. I started when I was 12 or 13. I used Cool Edit Pro 2.0, a line 6 pod xt, Fruity Loops 3.0 for the drums, and a crappy computer mic. DIE uses the same gear, except some parts are recorded with a Shure SM57 and some sort of preamp dealy thing...I don't know what it is because I didn't record any of my parts with it!

Thank you, Niel, for helping me re-realize how great that song is. The drum rolls suck, but I can't blame anyone, as they were programmed. I wouldn't say that the death vocals were nu-metal, but they did kind of remind me of hardcore, like The Great Deceiver. Good none-the-less. I liked the clean vocals, I just think the part behind the clean vocals was taken a bit too fast.

I didn't like the wierd-ass guitar part that you added to the acoustic part that comes before GRAAAAAAAAAAAAGH...DEMON etc.

Otherwise it was fucking amazing.

Are the drums on the DIE album programmed? I just downloaded it today. I love it.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. So conveniently enough Audition has the EXACT same layout and functions as Cool Edit except it gives you more options to work with and is generally more convenient to use. Seriously, try it.

Oh btw, I get a hard-on every time I hear that pinch harmonic on the intro riff. Almost sounds like late Emperor covered the song :) \m/

Mr. Niel said:
Q and A: I have been playing guitar for almost ten years. I started when I was 12 or 13.

I geuss that would provide with me with a reason as to why I am so impressed. The only criticism that I have is that I think that the clean vocals are just a bit to fast, Try slowing them down just a little bit.

Other than that, I would almost go as far to say that some of the guitar work is close to perfection.

very nice dude. Listening to this reminded me how great this band really is...but I have to say, it was a very cool cover. Speaking of great music...where is Yayo these days? Does he still post here...has Dave Caswell actually published any of his music?