Depth

If music is important to somebody as in being a central part of who they are I don't understand why they would settle for a partner who doesn't get it. Now music like any kind of art is different for some, so the situation may vary. But if I were to take me for example, I know that 99% of the time a woman who is spoken to by the same stuff I'm spoken to by, in the same way, usually can understand a lot of who I am much better than anyone else and vice versa. Music is a deep and complex language and sometimes only some with certain personality traits can properly "hear" what it's saying, depending on what it is. In addition to that, if I am into something enough to make a bunch of nerdy posts about it on a forum every day, I sort of figure it would be beneficial for myself and the person I consider giving my heart, body, etc to to be able to share that mindset, and share as much common ground as possible.

That's part of my personal viewpoint, but I dunno wtf is going on in the last few posts so I might not even be responding or contributing to anything at all tbh, in which case this post should be ignored. :loco:

Well, nothing is going to be "perfect", but if people tried harder there would certainly be less BS to go around. Having the best parts of what should be common ground there between you goes a long way, especially since it's best to be best friends as well.

it's a bit difficult - how many left-wing windsurfing metalhead alcoholic lawyers do you know?

Plus, if that's what you want, that's a good automatic filter to wash away most of the nonsense that will come your way, right? :headbang:

If music is important to somebody as in being a central part of who they are I don't understand why they would settle for a partner who doesn't get it. Now music like any kind of art is different for some, so the situation may vary. But if I were to take me for example, I know that 99% of the time a woman who is spoken to by the same stuff I'm spoken to by, in the same way, usually can understand a lot of who I am much better than anyone else and vice versa. Music is a deep and complex language and sometimes only some with certain personality traits can properly "hear" what it's saying, depending on what it is. In addition to that, if I am into something enough to make a bunch of nerdy posts about it on a forum every day, I sort of figure it would be beneficial for myself and the person I consider giving my heart, body, etc to to be able to share that mindset, and share as much common ground as possible.

Interesting idea and agree to some extent. At first I used to think this way and all the women I tried to get involved with were metal listeneres, though with time this predisposition has worn out. I seem to attract women that are total oposites in terms of music taste.

what she listens to is less important than her ability to give head

he's right though, but it would depend on the quality of the pussy

Not reading thread, responding to OP:
Metal is my life, basically. I love it, I spend all my money on it, and when people are talking and I'm not interested, there's a 50/50 chance I'm thinking about metal (otherwise I'm thinking about sex). I love music in all forms, I'll listen to anything, but 90% of what I listen to is metal* and metal is what I love the most.

*As in true metal, I also listen to glam and stuff that ignorant people call metal.

This guy asked me about the music I listen to and I played some songs off ride the lightning and he though it was alright he said something about hearing a lot of deep purple machine head in it. There was the nearly 90 year old guy (his father nearby) and he didn't exactly curse at how awful was or anything he just said it was good and saw the appeal but wondered how I could listen to such heavy music often without getting sick of it.

Oh yeah I wasn't blasting it or anything. I was quite quiet because there was a problem with that music system.

I'm not that evil.

That's part of my personal viewpoint, but I dunno wtf is going on in the last few posts so I might not even be responding or contributing to anything at all tbh, in which case this post should be ignored. :loco:

My girlfriend HATES metal... at least most of it, which I am fine with. I have time to listen to music, and I have people to talk to about the music, so I don't really need my significant other to be into the same music as I am.