do you show off being metal?

My T-Shirts and ..... and dunno if this is showing off metal, but I always wear black clothes, everywhere, well not always, for work sometimes I use some colors, but black pants always...

My T-Shirts are my show off stuff, have like hundreds...

Been into metal since '83-'84.
Long hair, vest with patches.
Sad to hear some of the sentiment here.:erk:
its rather childish and immature to be having an open public display of your pride in being a metalhead.
Wow, just...wow.:cry:
I hope you get liberated brother. You sound like you're ready to wear Red Chinese overalls.

I agree with RJ (sort of), but it depends on how people show it off really.

If it's like the annoying people I sometimes see on trains who have long hair in their faces and sit back with their i-pods all the way up so everyone can hear and put their i-pods right out on their knee so someone could easily see what they are listening to then I would definitely call it immature (and annoying) attention whoring.

If it's like the annoying people I sometimes see on trains who have long hair in their faces and sit back with their i-pods all the way up so everyone can hear and put their i-pods right out on their knee so someone could easily see what they are listening to then I would definitely call it immature (and annoying) attention whoring.
So, if you have long hair and sit back, were do you suggest that the hair should be? It is much more comfortable to have it over your shoulders up front than to have it in your back because then the hair gets stuck and it hurts if you try to move just one bit. :)
Also, sometimes when I listen to music with my mp3player I don't want to listen to whole albums instead I change songs all the time, so it is easier to just hold my mp3player in my hand than to put it back in my pocket and than taking it out every 3-4-5 mins because I want to change the song.

Not saying that the people you described doesn't show off, just putting it into some perspective. :)

i suppose i do. i wear my army trousers or whatever be it and my bands shirts. When im on the bus i enjoy scaring people by playing Emperor slightly louder then i should.

hmm.. fuckin difficult, I mean I like metal a lot and I turn up the shit very loud (If Iam in the mood) and I give a fuckin shit about it but that's basically is it.
I wear band shirts more often at concerts than in public..