DEVILDRIVER and SOIL Confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2009

Exactly!!!!! We've been doing this thing for almost 10 years now & we're still learning!!! Also, the difference is that we're trying to grow...not stay stagnant. And to do that...you need to take risks along the way & sometimes make unpopular decisions.

Yeah. So the story goes. Many bands have chimed the same thing before they tried to 'sell out' and make it big. Do what you want. Your life, your money.

And hell. I think you've done the only thing you could to to stay afloat at this point. If you went for 'real' metal bands, you'd be trumped by the other shows that weekend.

Yeah. So the story goes. Many bands have chimed the same thing before they tried to 'sell out' and make it big. Do what you want. Your life, your money.

And hell. I think you've done the only thing you could to to stay afloat at this point. If you went for 'real' metal bands, you'd be trumped by the other shows that weekend.

HAHAHA! That's all you can say? Wow, you sound like one of those 15 year old kids that post on Blabbermouth.

Enough said.

Actually, it seems to me like he hit the nail on the head.

I can tell by your avatar that you are an annihilator fan. Just how well do you think a "real metal" band, such as annihilator, would draw in any major market here in the states?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there must be a reason why Jeff Waters hasn't done anything in the U.S. for almost 2 decades.

Enough said.

I can tell by your avatar that you are an annihilator fan. Just how well do you think a "real metal" band would draw in any major market here in the states?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there must be a reason why Jeff Waters hasn't done anything in the U.S. for almost 2 decades.

Enough said.

I think Annihilator would and could draw quite well with a few shows in the states, they have not played a single show here (not counting a one off appearance by Jeff at the roadrunner united show in NY a year ago) since they opened for Judas Priest on the Painkiller tour. As for their not playing here, I know for a fact that they have gotten offers, VERY GOOD offers as I know the people who have made the offers. I've talked to Jeff on the subject, and they don't play here for now because they, until very recently, were not on a label that would give them any kind of US tour support. I fail to see your point in any of this. It just looks to me like you are kissing ass. I'm not going to get on here and bash the festival, that would be extremely disrespectful, considering that I was a sponsor last year and throughly enjoyed myself. But this lineup this year does not interest me. So, I just won't come.

Do you think Annihilator can out draw Devil Driver? My point is this: I don't want to speak for CRJ, but judging by what Rob and Chris have said about growing the fest, it would be equivalent to a financial suicide to book a band like annihilator who would expect a hefty guarantee and the attendance wouldn't even come close to meeting that guarantee.

If you are so in the know, and the offers have been so good, why haven't annihilator bothered coming in to play a couple of shows? Just curious...

Do you think Annihilator can out draw Devil Driver? My point is this: I don't want to speak for CRJ, but judging by what Rob and Chris have said about growing the fest, it would be equivalent to a financial suicide to book a band like annihilator who would expect a hefty guarantee and the attendance wouldn't even come close to meeting that guarantee.

If you are so in the know, and the offers have been so good, why haven't annihilator bothered coming in to play a couple of shows? Just curious...

In a festival type setting, yes, I do believe that Annihlator could outdraw Devildriver. Devildriver hasn't really mattered now, in my opinion, for a few years. I honestly didn't know they had any drawing power left, because when they opened for Opeth, I saw about 20-30 people there for them, and everyone else was there for Opeth and Moonspell, which was a sold out show. As for Annihilator not taking anyone up on those offers, that I couldn't tell you. The offers that were made were equal to that of what the band was asking, expenses included, and it seemed like it was a go, then the calls/emails stopped. My guess would be, that Jeff and Co have something in the works already for a more widespread tour and don't want to do a few one off shows in the states on a visa then have to turn right back around after a year and get another one to do a bigger tour. That would be the logical explanation. I'm not a mind reader, so I don't know for a fact. I do hope that CRJ has some success with this festival because they do work their asses off every year, I just hope that their success opens more doors for them with other bands that would have some outside drawing power. I honestly don't see anyone flying or doing any kind of worthwhile traveling for this show. I see it being a big local show with the CPF name.

In a festival type setting, yes, I do believe that Annihlator could outdraw Devildriver. Devildriver hasn't really mattered now, in my opinion, for a few years. I honestly didn't know they had any drawing power left, because when they opened for Opeth, I saw about 20-30 people there for them, and everyone else was there for Opeth and Moonspell, which was a sold out show. As for Annihilator not taking anyone up on those offers, that I couldn't tell you. The offers that were made were equal to that of what the band was asking, expenses included, and it seemed like it was a go, then the calls/emails stopped. My guess would be, that Jeff and Co have something in the works already for a more widespread tour and don't want to do a few one off shows in the states on a visa then have to turn right back around after a year and get another one to do a bigger tour. That would be the logical explanation. I'm not a mind reader, so I don't know for a fact. I do hope that CRJ has some success with this festival because they do work their asses off every year, I just hope that their success opens more doors for them with other bands that would have some outside drawing power. I honestly don't see anyone flying or doing any kind of worthwhile traveling for this show. I see it being a big local show with the CPF name.

1. What size venue were DD, Opeth and Moonspell playing? (capacity)

2. How do you know only 20-30 people were there for DD and the rest were for Opeth and Moonspell? Were they holding up signs?? You should just admit you are speculating/guessing... you don't know that for a fact.

The fact that you believe that annihilator can out draw DD in any type of setting is to say the least a silly comment. Do some research and tell me what the latest DD album sales figures are compared to annihilator's album sales (in the U.S.). And please don't use the label's shitty American distro as an excuse. A professional such as Waters knows what he's getting into by signing with these labels.

I'm done here. We can agree to disagree, but you're wrong.

1. What size venue were DD, Opeth and Moonspell playing? (capacity)

2. How do you know only 20-30 people were there for DD and the rest were for Opeth and Moonspell? Were they holding up signs?? You should just admit you are speculating/guessing... you don't know that for a fact.

The fact that you believe that annihilator can out draw DD in any type of setting is to say the least a silly comment. Do some research and tell me what the latest DD album sales figures are compared to annihilator's album sales (in the U.S.). And please don't use the label's shitty American distro as an excuse. A professional such as Waters knows what he's getting into by signing with these labels.

I'm done here. We can agree to disagree, but you're wrong.

The venue was the Masquerade in Atlanta, just south of 1000 people. As for my saying that those people were there for DD, it was about that many people who seemed to be into them or cheering for them. Most everyone else just wanted them to get the fuck off of the stage so that Moonspell and Opeth could come on. And sure, sit here and insult my reasoning, my thinking, whatever. It still doesn't change the fact that you are a pompous ass who rarely does anything on this board other than suck up to CRJ. I'm done here. This has become a joke.

The venue was the Masquerade in Atlanta, just south of 1000 people. As for my saying that those people were there for DD, it was about that many people who seemed to be into them or cheering for them. Most everyone else just wanted them to get the fuck off of the stage so that Moonspell and Opeth could come on. And sure, sit here and insult my reasoning, my thinking, whatever. It still doesn't change the fact that you are a pompous ass who rarely does anything on this board other than suck up to CRJ. I'm done here. This has become a joke.

HA! Fine... resort to name calling.... not surprised at all by that.

BTW - did it ever occur to you that I may have access to information such album sales and bands that draw..etc.? Did it ever occur to you I may know people that KNOW?

Yay! You won at the internet... Did that make your e-peen grow any? Funny that you should say that someone else acts like the 15 year olds who post on Blabbermouth... you seem to be the goddamn epitome of one.

Dude..what is with the hostility all of a sudden?? I had a perfectly fine conversation with Zod the other day...you didn't see him get bent out of shape.

Have it your way. You're just pissed because I can back up my statements with FACTS! Your statements are speculative at best!

BTW...I am NOT a guy. Are you gonna be pissed now that you are going head to head with a chic?

Dude..what is with the hostility all of a sudden?? I had a perfectly fine conversation with Zod the other day...you didn't see him get bent out of shape.

Have it your way. You're just pissed because I can back up my statements with FACTS! Your statements are speculative at best!

BTW...I am NOT a guy. Are you gonna be pissed now that you are going head to head with a chic?

Hostility? I'm just echoing the same sentiments that you were... And what statements would that be? That rather than getting bands here that people would travel for, they decided to get a headliner here that it seems most people on this board, are hesitant about walking out their front door to see. As for my speculation, that is all any of this is, none of this is rooted in any kind of fact, and to say otherwise would be asinine. If you are indeed a chick, I understand all of the sucking up now... but I'm going to keep my comments to myself, not a big fan of being banned on here like some other good people have been.

HA! Fine... resort to name calling.... not surprised at all by that.

BTW - did it ever occur to you that I may have access to information such album sales and bands that draw..etc.? Did it ever occur to you I may know people that KNOW?

As for your access to information and being in the "know", did it ever occur to you that maybe I am as well? There is a difference between you and I though, I don't have to brag about my connections.