DEVILDRIVER and SOIL Confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2009

Hostility? I'm just echoing the same sentiments that you were... And what statements would that be? That rather than getting bands here that people would travel for, they decided to get a headliner here that it seems most people on this board, are hesitant about walking out their front door to see. As for my speculation, that is all any of this is, none of this is rooted in any kind of fact, and to say otherwise would be asinine. If you are indeed a chick, I understand all of the sucking up now... but I'm going to keep my comments to myself, not a big fan of being banned on here like some other good people have been.

I did NOT call you any names...at ALL! You are NOT echoing the same sentiments I am. You are speculating and saying things as if they were fact. I CAN back up my statements with album numbers.

I am NOT kissing ass. I agree with growing the fest and wanting to make money rather than losing your ass. What..Rob and Chris and John should cater to the 10 people that actually frequent this board? Or the 900 or so people that are the SAME people that go to ProgPower? Well, they did that for years and they LOST THEIR ASSES! Now it's time for them to make the money they deserve to make and if that means "selling out" as you so-called "metal fans" like to say...then so FUCKIN' be it!! I hope they one day can laugh all the way to the fuckin' bank!

They are bringing in headliners that will put bands like Perzonal War and Assailant... in front of a LOT of people here in the U.S.

Honestly...in MY opinion and in MINE only....if I were CRJ, I wouldn't give a FUCK what you people thought. Because knowing I am not pleasing you means i'm headed in the right direction!

I don't take kindly to people saying I ass kiss cause I never would. I don't need to CRJ's ass or anyone else's. This is a business.....if you aren't making money....you are FAILING! Period! It's time these guys enjoyed some fucking success!

As for your access to information and being in the "know", did it ever occur to you that maybe I am as well? There is a difference between you and I though, I don't have to brag about my connections.

If you were really in the know you'd never have said Annihilator could out draw DD!

I did NOT call you any names...at ALL! You are NOT echoing the same sentiments I am. You are speculating and saying things as if they were fact. I CAN back up my statements with album numbers.

I am NOT kissing ass. I agree with growing the fest and wanting to make money rather than losing your ass. What..Rob and Chris and John should cater to the 10 people that actually frequent this board? Or the 900 or so people that are the SAME people that go to ProgPower? Well, they did that for years and they LOST THEIR ASSES! Now it's time for them to make the money they deserve to make and if that means "selling out" as you so-called "metal fans" like to say...then so FUCKIN' be it!! I hope they one day can laugh all the way to the fuckin' bank!

They are bringing in headliners that will put bands like Perzonal War and Assailant... in front of a LOT of people here in the U.S.

Honestly...in MY opinion and in MINE only....if I were CRJ, I wouldn't give a FUCK what you people thought. Because knowing I am not pleasing you means i'm headed in the right direction!

I don't take kindly to people saying I ass kiss cause I never would. I don't need to CRJ's ass or anyone else's. This is a business.....if you aren't making money....you are FAILING! Period! It's time these guys enjoyed some fucking success!

The day that a promoter stops caring what their demographic thinks and starts doing everything for themselves is the day that they will become a failure. Ask any successful or even semi-successful promoter that. My roommate is the biggest independant metal promoter in the twin cites here and he would laugh his ass off at that remark.

If you were really in the know you'd never have said Annihilator could out draw DD!

You took it out of context as well. I said in a festival setting. You put both of them up against each other on a tour and DD is going to draw more consistently, but you put DD and Annihilator on a festival together, a one off show, and I would guarantee you that more people would travel for Annihilator. If you would read my posts without having a stroke trying to press the reply button, you might not have this problem.

You don't debate here. You are either agreeing with what is happening or ostracized. Too much politics, not enough community.

OK...other than Punkin, who else would be reponsible for the ostracizing? :p

Also, who exactly is agreeing? Cuz the last time I checked, most everyone who has posted in this thread has mentioned their opinion on one fault or another with the current lineup. Actually, I think we've (excluding Punkin of course! :lol:) been fairly tolerant & accepting of everyone's opinions. ;)

The day that a promoter stops caring what their demographic thinks and starts doing everything for themselves is the day that they will become a failure. Ask any successful or even semi-successful promoter that. My roommate is the biggest independant metal promoter in the twin cites here and he would laugh his ass off at that remark.

HA!!! The people on these boards on the entire demographic. You're pretty arrogant if you think that. If everyone who frequented this board did not come to CPF, what are we talking about...like 10 people? Big deal. I'd LOVE to know how many people who, from PP and those that frequent this board, actually went to CPF last year. I know the numbers from last year.

Believe me, if all of you who frequent the boards do not show up this year, and it seems like most, there will be plenty more who will take your place.

Also, who exactly is agreeing? Cuz the last time I checked, most everyone who has posted in this thread has mentioned their opinion on one fault or another with the current lineup. Actually, I think we've (excluding Punkin of course! :lol:) been fairly tolerant & accepting of everyone's opinions. ;)

Well, I hope that it has turned in that direction, I really do. I know it has not been that way in the past. I have all of the respect in the world for all three of you as promoters, I just want to see this festival turn into something like a metal family reunion of sorts, where no matter your lineup, unless it sucks total balls, people still show up because of the friends that they have made, etc... I just don't see that happening ever with this kind of a lineup. Just my humble opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

HA!!! The people on these boards on the entire demographic. You're pretty arrogant if you think that. If everyone who frequented this board did not come to CPF, what are we talking about...like 10 people? Big deal. I'd LOVE to know how many people who, from PP and those that frequent this board, actually went to CPF last year. I know the numbers from last year.

Believe me, if all of you who frequent the boards do not show up this year, and it seems like most, there will be plenty more who will take your place.

I'm not talking about just the 10 people on this board, I never said or even implied that.

Actually, I don't know why he thinks I was ostracizing him. I simply stated that he is speculating about who showed up at the show for who. That's ostracizing? Wow. I've heard WAY worse than that!

I'm not talking about just the 10 people on this board, I never said or even implied that. I was responding to a remark that her highness made.

If that's the case, then I don't see how, if I were a promoter, would be alienating my demographic. I would alienate the people who frequent this board, but I'd gain a lot more in return....so no skin off my nose.

Again, this is MY opinion and not CRJ's. I don't speak for them, but I am sure going to defend what I believe in....and I think they are doing a great job.

However, unlike most of the people on these boards, I would say nothing if I didn't agree with them or like the bands they selected.

All the negative talk about bands and band selection..etc. is what pisses me off.

If that's the case, then I don't see how, if I were a promoter, would be alienating my demographic. I would alienate the people who frequent this board, but I'd gain a lot more in return....so no skin off my nose.

Again, this is MY opinion and not CRJ's. I don't speak for them, but I am sure going to defend what I believe in....and I think they are doing a great job.

However, unlike most of the people on these boards, I would say nothing if I didn't agree with them or like the bands they selected.

All the negative talk about bands and band selection..etc. is what pisses me off.

I guess what I am trying to get at, is you need to have a niche festival unless you can afford to have it in a big enough location with at least 2 stages. First Avenue here in MN would be great, The Masquerade in Atl would be great, etc... By having the niche festival on one stage you allow yourself to set up a demographic of loyal fans who will come to your show every year as long as you bring in quality bands, sometimes who will come with even less caliber bands, just for the camaraderie. If you are going to bring in 10 different bands from 10 different metal sub genres, and try to put them on one stage, it isn't going to work out. You are going to have one person who likes one band, another who likes one band, etc... Only then would your demographic audience be the ones who have a very wide range of tastes, which are few and far between. It's their festival, they can and will continue to do what they want, I'm just trying to offer a little bit of outside prospective because, I for one, am a fan of this festival and what they have done of the past years.

I guess what I am trying to get at, is you need to have a niche festival unless you can afford to have it in a big enough location with at least 2 stages. First Avenue here in MN would be great, The Masquerade in Atl would be great, etc... By having the niche festival on one stage you allow yourself to set up a demographic of loyal fans who will come to your show every year as long as you bring in quality bands, sometimes who will come with even less caliber bands, just for the camaraderie. If you are going to bring in 10 different bands from 10 different metal sub genres, and try to put them on one stage, it isn't going to work out. You are going to have one person who likes one band, another who likes one band, etc... Only then would your demographic audience be the ones who have a very wide range of tastes, which are few and far between. It's their festival, they can and will continue to do what they want, I'm just trying to offer a little bit of outside prospective because, I for one, am a fan of this festival and what they have done of the past years.

Now THAT was the best explanation of your viewpoint. I'm not sure I agree 100%...but at least I can see where you're coming from. :)

Hopefully, CRJ can get to that point of a 2-stage fest at a big venue. That would be cool. :headbang:

I CAN be reasonable ya know! I'm not an asshole :rolleyes: ....I am just passionate about what I believe.

Now THAT was the best explanation of your viewpoint. I'm not sure I agree 100%...but at least I can see where you're coming from. :)

Hopefully, CRJ can get to that point of a 2-stage fest at a big venue. That would be cool. :headbang:

I CAN be reasonable ya know! I'm not an asshole :rolleyes: ....I am just passionate about what I believe.

I'm very passionate about what I believe as well, that is why I will sit here and say I'm done, but I rarely ever am. If I believe I'm right I'll argue until I am blue in the face, I don't care who I offend or who I please.

Well, I hope that it has turned in that direction, I really do. I know it has not been that way in the past. I have all of the respect in the world for all three of you as promoters, I just want to see this festival turn into something like a metal family reunion of sorts, where no matter your lineup, unless it sucks total balls, people still show up because of the friends that they have made, etc... I just don't see that happening ever with this kind of a lineup. Just my humble opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks...and no worries! Rest assured...believe it or not, we do actually have a plan. ;)

People may not quite understand now...but one day, they will. ;)

I'm very passionate about what I believe as well, that is why I will sit here and say I'm done, but I rarely ever am. If I believe I'm right I'll argue until I am blue in the face, I don't care who I offend or who I please.

Yep, that's about how I feel too...except Rob interrupts me. :p :lol: