Diet and Nutrition.

That is sort of what we arrived at as well recently. To be fair though, she is listening to me about healthy eating styles. Made a damn good beef stew last night chock full of approved veggies that beats the shit out of any MSG laden shit Campbells makes.

Big downside is she likes keeping sweets (and worse, ones that I like) in the house, huge temptation. When single I just never bought the stuff so no temptation.

Thats one thing that i don't have a problem with is sweets. The occasional peanut butter Oreo or nutty bar but thats about it.
When theres a family gathering it literally makes me ill to watch them eat pies/cakes/streusels like its going out of style. They always ask "all you want is coffee"?

I have a hard time finding things to pack for lunch that I don't get sick of after like two days, but at the moment roast beef sandwiches on potato bread are keeping me happy. Also have a box of reduced fat Cheez-its at my desk this week. The roast beef I get is not the cheapest, but the important thing is that it's not all moist and slippery like a lot of sliced meats. That's the biggest turn-off ever.

In general I have a hard time eating the same food consistently, which makes my diet not as great as it could be. Oddly the only food that even comes close to being a daily one for me is yogurt - I tear shit out of Yoplait products.

I only eat out once a week (usually on Fridays) and its never usually fast food. My diet pretty much still consists of 5 egg whites, lite yogurt, small bowl of raisin bran crunch for breakfast. Lunch, 2 cans of tuna on whole wheat bread or lunchmeat on whole wheat w/ protein shake after workout. Dinner is usually something high carb/high protein.

The sultan of pumping the iron. What he speaks is truth. :worship:

Typically I've been living off of fear for the past couple of days; It's not very filling and I always feel like I need to eat more of it just to be full.

How many calories are in fear anyway?

Edit: one cup of fear, how many calories are in one cup of fear?

I'm a huge health nut, but I work out more for my mental health and watch what I eat because it makes a huge difference in my hair and skin and how much energy I have.

My body gets treated like royalty.
-I try work out at least three times a week (which is difficult, because my school work, friends, and family get in the way of that).
-I stretch and do a few simple excercises everyday when I wake up in the morning (jumping rope, side squats, lunges, and sit ups) because it helps me wake up and is a great energy boost.
-I eat mainly just fresh fruits and salads and drink protein shakes with basically everything (people say its a myth that junk food makes you break out and all but I have noticed a HUGE difference in my skin since I cut out junk food. I'm breaking out a lot less, my skin is less oily, I feel less tired and sluggish).
-I moisturize my entire body twice daily (smooth skin=happy skin? +when your skin is moisturized you're less likely to get wrinkles.)
-I wash my face twice a day (when you sleep with make up and products in your hair and face all of the bacteria gets into your pores while your asleep because your body temperature rises slightly when you're asleep causing your pores to open up).
-I don't eat on Sunday's but drink like 12 glasses of water and take laxatives to detoxify my body (the gym I go to is currently installing a sauna though, I'm going to replace this with the sauna once I can).
-I shower at night too instead of just in the morning (you'll wake up feeling more refreshed, and its healthier for your skin if you shower at night).
-I only shower and wash my hair with cold water (hot and warm water tends to strip your hair and skin of its natural oils and opens up your pores, leaving your skin dry and prone to acne and bacterial infections).
-I only use mineral make up because it is a lot healthier for my skin and when/if I sweat or if my skin becomes oily it won't easily sink into my pores.
-Even though I am really young I use a shower gel that prevents my body from wrinkles (I would rather prevent wrinkles now than have to try and get rid of them 20-30 years down the road).

So yeah, I am a huge health nut and am slowly becoming a gym addict.
I do a lot of these for cosmetic reasons, but I started exercising because it would help me release stress. I'm honestly not trying to lose or gain weight, and anything I mentioned that was to help with my skin care routine is because if I go even just 3 days without following my daily skin care routine my skin because dry and I will start breaking out. The only reason I have such amazing skin now is because I take really good care of it. I know all of this will really pay off when I'm older... I'll be in my late 30s and still looking like I'm in my 20s :)

Looks like you are on the right track, Kelly. At least you are starting these good habits while you are still young instead of trying to replace bad habits later in life.

I don't agree with your Sunday routine, but I guess if it works for you...

Looks like you are on the right track, Kelly. At least you are starting these good habits while you are still young instead of trying to replace bad habits later in life.

I don't agree with your Sunday routine, but I guess if it works for you...
I know, like I said I'll be getting rid of it soon >.>

How the HECK do you only take cold showers?!

After a while you just get used to it. I noticed a difference with my skin after I stopped taking hot showers though, like I don't have to exfoliate as often and my skin looks a lot healthier and isn't really as dry.

That's insane... I've always thought a cold shower in the wintertime could literally be used as a form of torture (well in subfreezing temps they obviously could, but even in 50s-60s F air temp it seems excruciating). I can't imagine sitting through even one, much less getting used to it.

I have no idea what you look like Kelly but you must be the most gorgeous creature anyone could ever lay eyes on with all this painstaking skin care jumpoff.

:lol: She posted pics of herself somewhere I think.

At any rate, while some of that stuff may be good habits to have, all the cleaning just sounds obsessive and trifling. You're going to get old sooner or later, and it's not the fucking end of the world when it happens. Wasting all that time worrying about your appearance is not a worthwhile trade for a few extra years of 'youthfulness' imo.

@Person above me; I know it sounds obsessive and all, but all of this (besides the gym, I spend about two hours at the gym when I go) it takes less than 40 minutes out of my day (showering, washing my face, and putting on lotion. It does not take long at all, the only reason I take long in the shower is because I have to shave and all....).

And I wouldn't call it obsessive, I actually really like learning about skin and haircare and trying out different things.

That's insane... I've always thought a cold shower in the wintertime could literally be used as a form of torture (well in subfreezing temps they obviously could, but even in 50s-60s F air temp it seems excruciating). I can't imagine sitting through even one, much less getting used to it.
:rofl: I don't mean like ice cold water, but after a while you get really used to the cold water.

I'm always really hot regardless what the weather is.
Same here.

I have no idea what you look like Kelly but you must be the most gorgeous creature anyone could ever lay eyes on with all this painstaking skin care jumpoff.

I know it sounds like I do a lot, but I really don't. All of this just falls into my daily schedule. I wake up, I shower and wash my face and put on lotion. I eat. I go where ever and do what ever and then I go home. Maybe I'll go to the gym. I come home. I shower. I wash my face. I put on lotion. I eat. It sounds like a lot the way I listed it and everything, but really it probably doesn't take much longer than anyone else's morning routine.

While I don't go through such lengths to maintain the outer level of care of my skin, I do take a lot of vitamins and get in around an hour of exercise per day, and it's not like I "miss out" on anything. Taking care of your "personal vehicle" (body) should be high on a list of priorities.

Most people I know (and in the military, go figure) think I go overboard in taking care of my body. It's like, you are either a "health freak" or the exact opposite, there can be no middle ground in the average person's eyes. Of course I see myself somewhere in the middle.

An hour in the gym and a dollar's worth of supplements a day is way worth it for well being, as opposed to spending that dollar on a soda and sitting on your ass in front of the brainwash box for that hour.

I recently was challenged, and vowed to a Vegan diet for at least 3 months. No meat and animal by products. No dairy and eggs is going to be the hardest for me.

Any Vegans out there? Anyone ever try this?