Diet and Nutrition.

instead of worrying what works for other people just do something that helps you

That seems like excellent advice,recently i was overweight and shed about 20 to 25kgs,all by virtue of a wonderful substance known as speed(Amphetamines),not that crap they have nowadays,ice,but pure clean speed,unbelieveable stuff really,awesome in everyway,but the user has to know, when enough is enough and how to maintain his/her own healthy weight,properly and healthily.Have a two,three month bender,cut some lamb chops off your ass and turn over a new leaf :)

Sure that's ONE way of looking at losing weight, but it doesn't really get any results, and it is one big reason why a lot of people fail!

I CAN drink soda and alcohol, eat junk food,never drink water and be sedentary, and STILL lose weight as long as im cutting calories.

Moderation is key. You don't have to cut anything out of your diet. All you have to do is cut it in half.

It worked for me and I don't see how logically it wouldnt work for anyone else. If you dont want to cut out the shitty drinks/foods then you obviously don't want to lose weight as you are happy where you at...cutting those things shouldnt be a problem if you truly want to lose weight and are unhappy

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZqVQT9Det6Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZqVQT9Det6Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This is all you need, look at this guy, he's ballin'

Sure that's ONE way of looking at losing weight, but it doesn't really get any results, and it is one big reason why a lot of people fail!

I CAN drink soda and alcohol, eat junk food,never drink water and be sedentary, and STILL lose weight as long as im cutting calories.

Moderation is key. You don't have to cut anything out of your diet. All you have to do is cut it in half.

Excellent advice to be sick all the time. Losing weight is not the holy grail of health.

So according to your frame and weight you're eating between 1400 and 1800 calories a day. So, you do not over eat. It has nothing to do with your metabolism.
I don't know both me and my father are rather thin... and I eat more then that in calories... right now im trying to eat healthy but that is because i have a liver problem that requires it to reverse my condition... but before this i was eating junk food most of my life and more then 2000 calories per day yet i never really gained weight and always looked thin... and food passes through me fast... i go to the bathroom pretty fast after eating compared to other people... and not to sound disgusting by some food comes out of me undigested, mainly some veggies... also certain things trigger me going to bathroom faster like sugar/chocolate, buttered popcorn, cooked turkey, pork etc.

Around the beginning of December I started the Paleo Diet (Meats, Veg., Fruits, Nuts, Water) and for a while it worked out pretty well. A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine introduced me to this thing called the Warrior Diet and the idea of one meal a day intrigued me. I tried the one meal a day thing for about a week and it wasn't really working for me. Instead of using either of these diets I combined the knowledge I gained from both of them and did extensive research on the internet and came up with a diet plan that works for me and my active lifestyle. I am still in the experimentation phase, but I am trying to do something with this one meal a day plan.

Keep in mind, I consider myself to be in very good physical condition. I am in the Army, 6'3" and at my last army weigh in I was 174.4lbs. I work out with the Army 5 days a week; 3 of the days my unit does heavy weight 50lb + ruck marches up into the mountains for a min. of an hour and a half starting at 0530. The two other days we have the same time period devoted to running / sprints and upperbody workouts ranging from pushups, pull up, to ring dips. In addition to that I go the the gym in the afternoon evening and do the workouts posted on the crossfit website (rather, I do what I can of the those workouts).

In conclusion, use the information at your disposal and be smart. I do not believe that any one diet is right or anyone, but if you sit on your ass all day you probably don't deserve to have that soda, that cheese burger, or that bowl of icecream three times a day. Keep in mind, that many people can eat whatever they want and have no side effects, but that is not a choice that I would choose for myself and I do not recommend it for anyone.

EDIT: I also want to add that once you start eating the right foods you will find yourself to be full longer and have more energy during the day. Hunger is not a bad thing. This is just another instance where you can use your mind over your body to control yourself and gain some self-respect and discipline.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZqVQT9Det6Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZqVQT9Det6Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This is all you need, look at this guy, he's ballin'

He fucks up alot with his poses tbh.

I imagine "Dragon Twister" is not a real pose.

Thanatcs - what time of day is recommended for the one meal a day? I imagine it would be around midday?

I've seen that kind of move before though, I don't know if thats the real name of it. And he makes shit look real corny.

I think he got most of his moves from video games.

Are you an expert swordsman? Not being funny, have you trained in kendo or something?

Thanatcs - what time of day is recommended for the one meal a day? I imagine it would be around midday?

The meal is in the evening. I have actually found this to be very rewarding.

Keep in mind, though, that this is one "large" meal a day. It is recommended and necessary for people with active lifestyles to eat more than just once a day. I always have a breakfast, albeit a relatively small one, and it varies depending on how I feel. It usually consists of two hard boiled eggs, a bowl of oatmeal, and some dairy product like cottage cheese or yogurt. During the day I snack on nuts and fruits as needed. I have found that Trail Mixes are the best snack for me to keep my energy level up during the day and to keep me filled. Eating habits are a very personal thing, so you need to find what works for you and your body.

I think he got most of his moves from video games.

Are you an expert swordsman? Not being funny, have you trained in kendo or something?

I started training in Kosho Shori Ryu Kempo. My brother is my mentor, hes a black belt in the art. He uses kendo swords and actually samurai swords. In fact he has a real blade that he trains with. Also I've seen videos. That kid is merely an amateur tbh.

haha I would hope so, that kid is just some hambeast with a mullet-tail waving swords around and intermittently pulling up his sweatpants.

Kempo, nice. Iedo in the future?

haha I would hope so, that kid is just some hambeast with a mullet-tail waving swords around and intermittently pulling up his sweatpants.

Kempo, nice. Iedo in the future?

Sadly I haven't practiced in months and I'm not sure if my brother still teaches classes. Goto get in touch with him soon.

That kid is obviously an expert at stealth. I mean, how else could he keep such a sweet ponytail hidden for so long?

I do not believe that any one diet is right .
Try the Mediterrean "Diet" before deciding that. Scientific research has proven that people in that region are the healthiest for centuries some living up to 100+ years old. They have far less cases of heart disease, cancer etc. Read up on it and let me know what you think. I can even recommend a book on it that you can buy cheap used on Amazon.

Try the Mediterrean "Diet" before deciding that. Scientific research has proven that people in that region are the healthiest for centuries some living up to 100+ years old. They have far less cases of heart disease, cancer etc. Read up on it and let me know what you think. I can even recommend a book on it that you can buy cheap used on Amazon.

Any further links you can give me regarding this (books, websites, etc.) would be much appreciated. This is almost identical to the "diet" that I have started consuming on my own with the exception of their reduced meat/poultry intake. I am more than willing to try this out.

I tend to raise my eyebrow if anything claims to be backed by "science". I look more towards functionality and living proof. This has both, and it also has a bit of nostalgia if you are fond of ancient Greek culture and myths like I am. I will be dining like Zeus tonight :kickass: