Digital Camera's.

Theandromedastrain

eyeloveprog(Ben)
Sep 25, 2005
NJ
www.myspace.com
Hey Glenn, i'm curious as to what your current ruleing is on digital cameras.
because for christmas i got my first digital camera and i got really excited knowing i can actually take photos of bands when i go to concerts, and im just wondering what you standing point is these days with the digital camera rule..
thanks,
Ben.

Glenn listens to progpower attendees =)
He'll be as lenient as he can afford to be i'm sure...but after last year, he might not be able to be much more lenient than his last update on the rule states

I'd love to be able to bring my digi to PP... But in case I'm not allowed to, I completely understand. Those assholes last year, hope I'll never see them again at ProgPower!

I'm planning on getting a Canon Rebel digital and I'd LOVE to be able to bring something like that to PP. My fiancee and I run a Metal website and we get photo passes to different shows and take lots of pics for our website anyway. I'm trying to move up and become more "professional" in my photography.
With that being said, if I can't bring it to PP I'll just bring my cheap 35mm...no biggie!

Just in case the no digital rule applies this year, i broke out the old CANON AE-1 with 200mm lense, and the flash and autowind. I am ready, just got to take it to the camera shop for a check-up. Think 10 rolls of film will be enough????

Woo hoo - i may be able to take pictures of all the hot senioritas that post on this board (or serve drinks) - I mean, ummm, YEAH RAWK I can take pix of all the bands. Obviously I havent managed to figure out how to take decent pix at a concert using any kind of camera - but the signing pix and the pics of fest goers turned out okay :)

manowarfan1

Pyramaze51 said:
Just in case the no digital rule applies this year, i broke out the old CANON AE-1 with 200mm lense, and the flash and autowind. I am ready, just got to take it to the camera shop for a check-up. Think 10 rolls of film will be enough????
i have an AE-1 Plus!! I think from '81. Cool little camera and still takes decent pics!! I wish i could bring the 1D Mark II though and actually have time to use it
;)

Alright if there is Digital Cameras allowed, EVERYONE needs to be on the look out. And security needs to be better notified of the NO TAPING rule.

If there is no digital cameras, Cheap 35MM cameras are ok in my book. But use at LEAST 800 speed film. It may be more expensive, but if you spend less on cheaper film, you'll just be wasting money on developing (shitty pictures).

-Metal

Okay Metal - I usually buy high speed film when i try the old 35mm and I end up with pix like the cover of Black Sabbath paranoid lp (look at the pretty trails) - so if it's digi or film I may be following you around at the fest. Just so you know, I'm not a stalker, just a lousy photographer :)

manowarfan1

I PM'd Glenn about something that might work, but I dunno if he got it.

CVS sells at 'digital disposable' camera. It has an LCD to see what you're taking, and the option to delete pics too. Costs $20, and when you get it developed, you get it on a photoCD (development is included in the cost). You can do a search on USAToday.com for the info.

So in review: Digital photos. No chance of video.

Regor said:
I PM'd Glenn about something that might work, but I dunno if he got it.

CVS sells at 'digital disposable' camera. It has an LCD to see what you're taking, and the option to delete pics too. Costs $20, and when you get it developed, you get it on a photoCD (development is included in the cost). You can do a search on USAToday.com for the info.

So in review: Digital photos. No chance of video.

Yeah. but you have to agree those cameras suck as much as not being able to go to progpower. =\

manowarfan1 said:
Woo hoo - i may be able to take pictures of all the hot senioritas that post on this board (or serve drinks) - I mean, ummm, YEAH RAWK I can take pix of all the bands. Obviously I havent managed to figure out how to take decent pix at a concert using any kind of camera - but the signing pix and the pics of fest goers turned out okay :)

manowarfan1
The only reason i bring a camera,to take pics of the "scenery",as I'm never close enough to get good pics of teh bands(and most here get better pics than me anyways,how many different versions of Khan looking in pain whole singing cand you get)