DIMEBAG/PANTERA TRIBUTE COVERS!!! - WITH POLL!!!

What Pantera songs to cover?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
I was thinking, now that it is coming up to the time that legendary metal guitarist Dimebag was murdered, that a tribute collection of Pantera covers could be done. Like we could split various songs up into different difficulties or skill ratings, so everyone has a chance to join. I thought that maybe up to 10 songs could be done, and guitarists, bassists, drummers ad vocalists can all get to show off their skills by having a go!

Also, because this website has more talented people in, at least in the music production way, if there is anyone on here who would like to reamp the cover songs or reamp the drums through better software, they could!

First, I think there should be a vote to see what Pantera songs are the most popular with the fans, then people can start posting if they want to have a go!

If there are no drummers that want to try, or that are good enough to try, then I can make the drum tracks or if someone else wants to, they can, but this is un-important shit.

PM me or email me at vai@usa.com if you have any questions.

Post here to vote what are your top 10 Pantera songs!

I am also posting this over at Ultimate Guitar to see if there's anyone on there who wants to try this!

not to shit on the whole idea and stuff..but i think its already being done?

this is on Dimebag's wiki page:
A tribute album to Dimebag and Pantera is currently in the works with Zakk Wylde from Black Label Society covering Suicide Note, Part 1, Chimaira, Machine Head, Five Finger Death Punch, Unearth, Biohazard, Sylosis, Malefice, Kiuas and Evile. The song by Evile turned out to be bassist Mike Alexander very last and was recorded just before he himself died, with a stunning cover of Cemetary Gates.

and blabbermouth:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130758

1. Becoming
2. I'm broken
3. Revolution is my Name
4. A New Level
5. Cemetery Gates
6. 5 Minutes alone
7. Cowboys from Hell
8. Psycho Holiday
9. This Love
10.Domination

Next friday I will record in Madrid, Spain a Dimebag Darrell tribute, I have participated as a musician in the last two editions (all of them sold out) and this time as an enginner. As soon as I start to mix it I´ll post some clips to see how its going!

1. Heavy Metal Rules
2. Come-On Eyes
3. Projects In The Jungle
4. Power Metal
5. Down Below

In no particular order.

1. Suicide Note, Pt. 2
2. I'm broken
3. Revolution is my Name
4. A New Level
5. Slaughtered
6. 5 Minutes alone
7. Cowboys from Hell
8. Walk
9. Floods
10.Domination

^^^ awesome dude! I was thinking that maybe Walk would be a good first cover, as its a well known song! But I wouldn't mind doing one of the calmer songs like Suicide Not PT 1 even.

i'll have a go at bass for a track or two, need a coupla weeks to get my practice on and some new strings…

the other thing is neither of my basses are active, though all being well i may have new EMGs in my 5 string very soon