DIMEBAG/PANTERA TRIBUTE COVERS!!! - WITH POLL!!!

What Pantera songs to cover?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'll have a go at bass for a track or two, need a coupla weeks to get my practice on and some new strings…

the other thing is neither of my basses are active, though all being well i may have new EMGs in my 5 string very soon

That doesn't matter dude about them not being active, as long as you can play the bass tracks!

Damn its ON!!! are you sticking to the 1/4 step tunings and such??

I'm not sure, I was thinking that maybe we could go lower, like a couple of steps down, or maybe just stick with standard tunings, I can't be bothered with all that 1/4 steps down shit, I like going one step down, or no steps down!

i don't mind goin anywhere down to B Standard

got a 4 string that goes to any tuning and my 5 goes from b standard to drop G (shits and giggles)

Just had a thought, i may be able to borrow an active spector 5 string…. hmmm Plan B if the new EMGs aren't a possibility

i can program drums for these tracks if you guys are up for it...i may actually already have cemetary gates programmed i have to check

Shouldn't we see if one the drummers on this forum could supply a real drum track??

Dalinkwent48@aim.com: Dude i'm sorry, i just reread the above sentence and i apologise if i came off as a dick in that sentence, not saying anything about your programming skillz...

i'd be interested to hear a programmed version of Becoming, especially towards the end where the kick sounds so humanized… if you get what i mean

i'd be interested to hear a programmed version of Becoming, especially towards the end where the kick sounds so humanized… if you get what i mean

It will be pretty hard to get the drums for Becoming to sound like the real thing, thats why a real drummer would be best!

If i have time i wouldn't mind throwing some bass on a song or two. I have a Spector 4LX that i can tune to B or lower, Bass Sansamp, and an Axe Fx i can use. Let me know if i can contribute in any way?

Real drummer here! I'm down for ANY songs (minus the pre-cowboys stuff unless there's a demand for it). These songs are definites IMO:

Great Southern Trendkill
Revolution is my Name
Mouth for War
Strength Beyond Strength
Suicide Note, Pt. 2
Floods

Real drummer here! I'm down for ANY songs (minus the pre-cowboys stuff unless there's a demand for it). These songs are definites IMO:

Great Southern Trendkill
Revolution is my Name
Mouth for War
Strength Beyond Strength
Suicide Note, Pt. 2
Floods

I've been trying to learn Floods recently! Do you have any samples that we can hear of your plain drumming?

Also, thanks to the people who have posted! Everyone who wants to contribute to these covers, you can! This thread is getting a bit messy though, so if you want to do guitars/bass/drums, could you please send me a sample at vai@usa.com

Muck y dont you start a new thread with a poll option for song choices like everyone did for the paramore one...that way you can come up with a list of what will be covered