DIMEBAG/PANTERA TRIBUTE COVERS!!! - WITH POLL!!!

What Pantera songs to cover?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah just go to my bands myspace link in my signature below. I do all our recording. We're currently working on our debut full length and the tones I'm getting now blow away anything I've done in the past. I hope to have some clips to share soon.

Your stuff sounds fucking sick dude :kickass:

It sounds seriously good man!

I'd like to participate somehow too, but instead of trying to copy their exact tones I wanna try to make and develop my own stuff. I could do reamping to one song and also something with Slate drums I just bought. Here is my first recording with SSD, it's the beginning of the 5 minutes alone. (The guitar playing will be challenging as you hear, heh...but it's definitely good practice all the way.)

I think that us using our own unique sounds is a very good idea, theres no point trying to copy Dime's sound, it will never sound the same because of the man's fingers! but this means that anyone who does contribute to these covers will be able to use their own sound, and their own style :headbang:

I think that us using our own unique sounds is a very good idea, theres no point trying to copy Dime's sound, it will never sound the same because of the man's fingers! but this means that anyone who does contribute to these covers will be able to use their own sound, and their own style :headbang:

Would be cool to get some vocals too, but I can't promise to get this finished at all without someone else playing and posting DI's...there is only one guitar recorded now in the clip and I'm bit afraid I lost the sync when doubling. :erk:

is there gonna be like one or two covers between whoever wants to do whatever or is everyone wanting to take part being put into different e-bands??

is there gonna be like one or two covers between whoever wants to do whatever or is everyone wanting to take part being put into different e-bands??

Yeah I think we need to structure this... if there will be 2 ebands then there needs to be a leader assigned to each then we can work out some sort of schedule. We don't want this to be a year long project! LOL

Ok dudes, how should this be done then? and how many covers should be done? I never thought about it when I made this thread, but I don't want this going on forever!

Thats a good idea dude.

Ok dudes, if you are serious about wanting to do some covers, post here! I know a lot of people have posted, but there are only two or three people who have posted more than once and actually seem to want to do this.

Thats a good idea dude.

Ok dudes, if you are serious about wanting to do some covers, post here! I know a lot of people have posted, but there are only two or three people who have posted more than once and actually seem to want to do this.

Still testing! :lol: Definitely found much better tone and balance today...here is my best this far. Still only (one) guitar, (midi) bass and drum. Think these tones would work in some other song too. Some DI's would really help here and I'd love to try mixing vocals too.

EDIT: Updated the clip, now the kick is a bit punchier, guitar kinda weird, next time (if the thread is live) the bass tone is gonna become more clear/punchier too.

fuckin hostile any day

Hey Mick, you have possible to make DI's of it? While waiting more people getting involved we could make one take of it as a practice and perhaps Hate81 doing vocs? I'm ready to go but these guitars overall are just tiny too fast for my playing.

I'm cool with that Mikko, hook me up with a track and I'll get on to it asap.

In the mean time if you want to hear my voice check out the myspace page of Morgan C' band "Ascendancy". I did guest vocals for their track "Descending" (1st song on the player)...http://www.myspace.com/ascendancyaus

Very manly voice! :heh: Just IF I'll learn to play that song I'll send it here as whole...fuck, can't play a shit anymore.

Btw, that what MetalJonesy just did -- freaking killer!! :headbang:

PS. I'm kinda sick using impulses these days. It already morning but still finishing this iso cab(...slowly besides watching crazy Habs centennial game against Boston.)

cheers mate, its a very against the grain thing for me (amp sims and cab emulations!) cheers for the feedback dude, much appreciated! :kickass:

I liked it dude! Pretty good playing man.

So, should I leave you lot to form into groups for the covers, or should this all be decided in the forum here where we all get a say in who goes where? I don't mind either way dudes!