DIMEBAG/PANTERA TRIBUTE COVERS!!! - WITH POLL!!!

What Pantera songs to cover?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey! Here is the new version of the dimebag tribute thread!

I was thinking, now that it is coming up to the time that legendary metal guitarist Dimebag was murdered, that a tribute collection of Pantera covers could be done. Like we could split various songs up into different difficulties or skill ratings, so everyone has a chance to join. I thought that maybe up to 10 songs could be done, and guitarists, bassists, drummers ad vocalists can all get to show off their skills by having a go!

First, I think there should be a vote to see what Pantera songs are the most popular with the fans, then people can start posting if they want to have a go!

If there are no drummers that want to try, or that are good enough to try, then I can make the drum tracks or if someone else wants to, they can, but this is un-important shit.

PM me or email me at vai@usa.com if you have any questions.

Post here to vote what are your top 10 Pantera songs!

I'm also posting this over at Ultimate Guitar to see if anyone on there wants to try it!

The songs are! -

Revolution Is My Name

Floods

Walk

Fucking Hostile

Cemetery Gates

This Love

Suicide Note Pt. 2

Mouth For War

Becoming

I'm Broken

Cowboys From Hell

If you have any more suggestions for songs, just post here and I'll add them, but I really don't think that any of the really old Pantera songs are worth covering! Like the shit from Power Metal!

Wow... so what you are saying is that the BEST Pantera songs isnt worth covering? :erk:
.. but i do agree that Power Metal isnt that good, i mean, Phil "imqueermo" sings on it! :lol:

Nah, i love almost everything with Pantera.
Voted for Cowboys From Hell, one of their best songs evar.

Cemetary Gates and Floods are my 2 favorite Pantera songs ever, but I could only choose one, which was Gates.
Fucking Hostile is a bit ruined for me as it was played at literally almost every party I went to back when I was 17-18:erk:

I'm definitely down to contribute some of my drumming skills!

My vote is for one of these:
Mouth for War
This Love
Floods

But I can be convinced of doing just about anything other tune!

I was thinking, now that it is coming up to the time that legendary metal guitarist Dimebag was murdered, that a tribute collection of Pantera covers could be done. Like we could split various songs up into different difficulties or skill ratings, so everyone has a chance to join. I thought that maybe up to 10 songs could be done, and guitarists, bassists, drummers ad vocalists can all get to show off their skills by having a go!

Also, because this website has more talented people in, at least in the music production way, if there is anyone on here who would like to reamp the cover songs or reamp the drums through better software, they could!

First, I think there should be a vote to see what Pantera songs are the most popular with the fans, then people can start posting if they want to have a go!

If there are no drummers that want to try, or that are good enough to try, then I can make the drum tracks or if someone else wants to, they can, but this is un-important shit.

PM me or email me at vai@usa.com if you have any questions.

Post here to vote what are your top 10 Pantera songs!

I am also posting this over at Ultimate Guitar to see if there's anyone on there who wants to try this!

I'd like to participate somehow too, but instead of trying to copy their exact tones I wanna try to make and develop my own stuff. I could do reamping to one song and also something with Slate drums I just bought. Here is my first recording with SSD, it's the beginning of the 5 minutes alone. (The guitar playing will be challenging as you hear, heh...but it's definitely good practice all the way.)

Do you have any samples of your drumming recording sound dude?

Yeah just go to my bands myspace link in my signature below. I do all our recording. We're currently working on our debut full length and the tones I'm getting now blow away anything I've done in the past. I hope to have some clips to share soon.