Dimmu Borgir thrashed by Cleveland radio DJ, his email addy enclosed!

Isnt the parent company of that DJ's radio show the same company that dropped Howard Stern in their mid west stations and is kissing Bush and his cronies Asses? As for the FCC breathing down Howard's ass since the 80's . This is true but what you do not get is that whenever a new administration (in this case Bush) is in power the president pretty much puts his own people in there. And admit it or not the FCC is out to censor everything from movies to music to I wouldnt be surprised books and other aspects of our lives in the USA that we call entertainment.
As for Dimmu.. maybe what they did was wrong but they are not from the USA and in Norway things are probably different. A warning from the DJ not to use those words on the air would of been enough I think instead of how the DJ reacted. Also telling fans to throw rocks at a band when they play at a concert is to me like inciting a riot and the DJ should go to jail and get butt fucked so he will think about it next time and not do it again. As for Freedom of Speech in this country.. under Bush.. not likely...

blast tyrant said:
you'd get your pansy ass beat down :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pardon? You must be a real tough guy to jibber on physical threats on a message board. ;)

I'm in very good shape and have practiced self defense with my father for years, but regardless, you're a blithering idiot.

I like Dimmu. I think they knew that they couldn't say that on air. BUT, in light of all the crap that came down the pipe after we saw a real, live nipple on the television, they should have been able to censor it. WMMS is probably the biggest radio station here (although it really does blow) and I know they have the equipment to do it.

Okay, fine. Cut the interview short and tell them they fucked up their chance to gain some new fans. But to tell people to throw rocks at them? How fucked is that? What an idiot. I emailed the guy about 5 hours ago after I heard the story. I didn't actually hear the interview. To me (if the swearing made it out over the air waves), it sounds like someone at the radio station wasn't doing their job and paid for it. What does someone expect from a Norweigan black metal band, or ANY rock band for that matter? A discussion about the cheeses of the world? No, they speak their minds.

WMMS was in the wrong and I hope Dimmu slams them for it.

heres the thing, I think that censership is an infraction of the first amendment and as does a good percent of the americain people. so dont think that just cause there is censership in the U.S.A. doesnt mean all of us suport it. and hopefully one day the voting majority will see it my way and eliminate censership all together cause thats how democracy works but all you "I hate the U.S." assholes wouldnt know about that because chances are your still under a dictotorship.

ShadowOfDeath said:
I'm american and Erik has a fucking point you morons.

No he doesn't. He's an anti-American, whiny little arrogant bitch like he paints us to be. I don't have a problem with how he views our government, society or media, because I know its corrupt and ridiculous. But then again, what country is free of that crap? No matter where you live, you'll always have the old conservative pansies that get overly shocked and offended by the slightest things.

And furthermore, its not his bashing of our society or country itself that pissed me off, its the fact that Erik said "Stop being an arrogant American cunt" to J, also used the tired phrase about, "American arrogance again", and finally said "Some of us who live in more civilized countries than the United States of Shit (clever eh?)". Seems like this little prick enjoys stereotyping people he knows little or nothing about.

Although I dont know what country you live in, Erik, I'm sure its one that must hate the USA. So wouldn't you say your media coverage is biased? You scarf down the anti-American shit because your country's fed it to you too. It's when you make uneducated comments about Americans in general, judging from the "authority" you see on the news and television, that I really have to hate you. Grow up and learn to be an actual, intellectual human being or go ahead join Al-Queda so we can fucking nuke your ass and rid you off this planet for good. I don't care how "cool" you might be at other times on this forum, your bullshit shouldn't be tolerated. And I'd still very much like to learn where you're from...

Erik did have a point; the situation was stupid in all aspects. Dimmu is just stupid in general (laffo). The fact that "fucking bullshit" by itself (and, I think, perfectly fine for the context of what was said) is supposed to be upsetting is stupid (O my virgin ears). And the DJ's response afterwards suggesting throwing rocks at the band is just ridiculously immature and completely the wrong reaction.

Yay American values and the first ammendment. Fuck censorship.

If you are an intelligent human being you can complete a thought without saying the "7 words you can't say on radio/tv".

just because you have the freedom to say them does not mean that you HAVE to say them.

What I'm wondering is: What's more harmful to the radio listeners?

A) Listening to a musician speak out against homophobia
B) A "respected" radio DJ percipitating violence against an established musical group

Put your hate of Dimmu aside (hell, I've never even heard them before, aside from For All Tid and a video of "Progenies of the Great Apocalypse"). The problem here is the DJ's actions seem to have been nothing but a power trip and a vehicle for causing harm to Dimmu Borgir's reputation. He could have (on the air, so everyone could hear) politely informed them of the FCC's laws, since they are foreigners. I think the guy went a little nuts there.

P.S.

FUCK THE USA, CANADA OWNS YOU! :)

Erik said:
You don't think it's a tad arrogant to assume that someone who's not from the US knows about the "FCC" or "Howard Stern" or American broadcasting rules? Hey look, American arrogance again!

So you could just say, "I'm not familiar with that, I dont live there" instead of bashing us Americans whom you don't even know. Don't be an asshole when there's no reason to be.

Sweden. Don't generalize like that. Sweden, like most other Western countries, is becoming more and more Americanized by the day. Personally I loathe it, but the general public don't give a flying fuck and would likely lick Bush's feet at any given opportunity.

OMG. You told ME not to generalize? Excuse me while I roll over laughing uncontrollably. Obviously you don't want "American Sweden", but are we supposed to do anything about countries we have little relation with anymore? Act like its our fault, but then think maybe since your one of the more undeveloped nations, that perhaps your PEOPLE are the ones at fault. It's easy to blame America because we've been the subject of easy blame for countless decades now.

Obviously all media coverage is biased, but I never watch TV and hardly ever read the news; I'd rather think for myself, see. Let's just say most of my opinions aren't very popular in my country, so bashing Sweden will do you no good.

Ah, I do see. You don't read the news, don't watch the news, probably haven't ever visited America either... so where do you get your information from? The internet? Great resource, I hear.

Blah, blah, blah. Shut up, you American. You always TALK, you Americans. You TALK, and you TALK, and you say "let me tell you something" and "I just wanna say this..." Well you're DEAD now, so SHUT UP! (Alternatively, make sense the next time and stop with the BLAH BLAH WE NUKE TERRORISTS HA HA bullshit)

I threw in that terrorist thing just to piss you off, and what a shock, it worked. But hey, this American never said a damn thing until you opened your big fucking opinionated mouth and started insulting US IN GENERAL. You think you know us well enough to tell us who and what we are, but you don't fucking know who Howard Stern is? Get a life and stop with the "I'm-better-than-you-because-you-live-in-the-USA" bullshit. You have no fucking clue what its like over here. You insult our country and have no idea about our regulations or media, aside from the biased shit you've heard from other hateful countries or people.

:lol: This thread is priceless! GoD, please don't close it!

Erik said:
Sweden. Don't generalize like that. Sweden, like most other Western countries, is becoming more and more Americanized by the day. Personally I loathe it, but the general public don't give a flying fuck and would likely lick Bush's feet at any given opportunity.
It seems as though the world has always been the East, the West, and America. The East owns, America rules, and the West is stuck in between, so eventually it will have to succumb and become a cool place, too. I'm glad your country is becoming Americanized. Hopefully, somewhere down the line, you'll lose the princess and ridiculously high taxes. Democracy, motherfuckers!

Aside from the obvious sarcasm in the posts, kindly highlight what I have written that is in any way less than intelligent, would you?

Erik said:
Do you know what arrogant means? Look it up, fuckwit, then tell me it's not arrogant to assume I know about Howard fucking Stern.

You sure do pretend to know a fucking lot about America, even though you dont know one of the biggest cultural upsets like Howard Stern. You might like him, judging from how you hate censorship and common decency.

What the fuck? Did I tell you to do anything about it? Thought not. All I'm saying is don't say "SWEDEN HATES AMERICA"

I'm not. I'm saying you hate AmericaNS, because you're a stereotyping little bitch.

What information?

Aha, exactly what I want to know. Where the fuck do you get all this impressive knowledge about us and our country?

You call entire countries "hateful" -- hey look everyone, it's an American!!!

Hateful towards us, and don't pretend that there arent. Somehow dumbasses like you see what our government and society is doing and you automatically assume all the populus does the same.

By the way, I love your highly intellectual responses to anonymousnick2001 and others. You've gotta be what, 15 at the most?

blast tyrant said:
no i just remember seeing your photo and you'd have a tough time beating up a 5 year old, you're a scrawny dork. also you're the retard whos threatening to throw shit

"threatening to throw shit"? Just mild jokery, I don't promote violence seriously, unless myself or someone I'm close to is in danger.

I am quite the skinny guy, but I keep myself in excellent condition through distance running and swimming, so try again asshole.

Either way, WMMS fucking sucks in the first place. It used to be a well respected classic rock station, then the anti-music Clear Channel took them over and turned them into a cookie cutter radiorock shithouse.

I would quote your ignorant statements, but its easier to tell you to just look at your past 5-10 posts. All you ever say is how arrogant Americans are, and how much our country sucks. And I'm asking, on what basis are you formulating these stupid opinions? But you've dodged the question about 3 times now because you really have no reason for saying this, albeit maybe a few people who act like what you describe.

TaylorC said:
By the way, I love your highly intellectual responses to anonymousnick2001 and others. You've gotta be what, 15 at the most?
That's the first unintelligent thing you've said in the thread. His age is irrelevant. Also, I've been awfully obtuse so far, so it's only natural he disregard me at the moment.

What Erik needs to realize is that he's almost alone in a world where people will eventually warm up to us as a nation, because we're more often in the right than not. It's a wonderful little democratic, capitalist, society we have here, isn't it? It's not perfect, but humans have a track record of not being exactly perfect, so I'm glad that at least we're the closest to it right now.

Since I don't see Sweden succumbing to the styles and such of Eastern nations like India or China, Americanization seems the only way to go, whether everyone likes it or not, most seem to enjoy it, so there you go.