disaffection?

Loona

*~holdacska~*
Sep 2, 2003
Budapest, Hungary
Visit site
I know there've been too much christmas polls recently, sorry for another relating to this.
so I was watching my 'A Vision of A Dying Embrace' DVD I have bought about 2 weeks ago on the money my parents gave me for christmas, as I can watch it as we have bought a DVD player some weeks ago at last. I was thinking about that how bad it is that my parents give me money to buy myself a present. Well, if it's about some relative seeing me 3 times a year it's ok to give me some money as a present if they want to and don't know my taste, but I'm sad about this when my own parents do this. I'm not really into christmas, but I'd find it better to go and buy the things together or ask me what I want.
Is it only my own silly problem or what?

No. It isn´t only you. Parents often don´t know their own children. That´s sad. They are overstrained by picking out an adequate present. It is very common don´t think about it.

We don't really give presents to each other any more either in our family. It seemed to cause more stress than pleasure to find the right gift. So my parents and I usually go shopping together instead, or they give me money to buy myself a present (it's funny: I also got myself the "A Vison Of A Dying Embrace" DVD:D). Sometimes I wish it was different, but, ...well, after all, I think I've sort of "grown out of" Christmas. ;)

maybe the unusual thing for me is that I'm starting to get treated like an adult in common. even if I don't feel like it. It's not that new thing but I feel like I won't ever get used to it... I don't feel old or things like that but I find silly that little kids greet me as an adult, and I have to tell them not to.
I went to my piano lesson the other day and the girl before me just greeted me, and when I told her not to, she asked 'why not? how old are you?' and when I told her she said than she can treat me like this, since I'm more than 10 years older than her :ill:
maybe life helps me feel worse about my age even if I don't feel like that...

but anyways I don't need presents neither, not to mention I was always a difficult one to buy a present to, but this fact about the money just embarasses me...
I don't say that I feel better knowing it's not only me who feels like that, I still think it's sad :(

ah well, id rather get money to buy something i like than getting something i dont like which would make everybody feel embarassed.

yes that is better, but my parents stopped buying presents for me early, as they had to realise they just cannot buy a thing that fits my taste (wondering whí is that soooo difficult to buy something for a nursery kid...), but they used to ask me to show what I want, or things like that. what I don't like is that they start to treat me like some stranger...

speak to your parents about this loona, you have obviously both misunderstood each other, its times like this, that things can be extremely stressful for both parties, you are not alone...

Loona said:
yes that is better, but my parents stopped buying presents for me early, as they had to realise they just cannot buy a thing that fits my taste (wondering whí is that soooo difficult to buy something for a nursery kid...), but they used to ask me to show what I want, or things like that. what I don't like is that they start to treat me like some stranger...

ah dont feel sad, they mean good i reckon. you know i can never think of an accurate present for me mates even those i know well.

shit rasher, we're crushing our 'bad guys' reputation here, lets find something mean to say.

same here, sometimes its just hard to think about a present that also reaches the aim to make someone happy... maybe really just talk to them and tell them what u want next time, it looks like a misunderstanding to me...

well you should be right. I know I am a difficult one to make happy with a thing, and maybe this is what they want to avoid only.
I find that sometimes difficult too to find the perfect present specially for those I know since I was born or almost since, as I bought everything to them I just could... but this year as I have totally new classmates it was another challenge, as I don' tow them that much...

eh... sorry, a friend of mine just phoned me that her dog had died... ooooh I am fucking worried (sorry) about her, that dog was like a child to her and a present too, as he was brought back to life when he was born. Damn I am sooooo afraid she does something she shouldn't do...

ever thought of making a list of presents you'd really like ....put it somewhere so your parents can take a look at it, and choose something in case they can't think of anything themselves. that way you're always sure the present you buy is really wished for.it works well for us,
or do you think this is a stupid idea?

maybe it could work, I may give it a try.
Everybody, thanks for the ideas, but I think now I go and try to have a nap, I didn't really sleep recently and I'm really scared about that girl, she's like some sister to me and I'm afraid that I cannot be there to stop her from doing something wrong :(
Good night! (and good day for the ones living further) :)

snow2fall said:
(it's funny: I also got myself the "A Vison Of A Dying Embrace" DVD:D).

We bought it as well 2 weeks ago. funny

Loona; Speak with your parents about this.
I think they do not mean any harm.

Yeah all that's been said is right, don't worry about that Loona !
Rafael, Andy and Pieter will be glad to learn that me mom actually LIKED the tea-maker !!