Discovering Night is the New Day

I love in the New Night how jonas Sings "My sun is pale/My hearts olld" sounds soo good. When Jonas Sings "The day and then the shade" in the second verse sounds AMAZING

Far to many good parts to mention

Im sure its been mentioned or thought of, but i was discussing with a friend a few nights ago. Idle blood is very similar vocally to mr. akerfeldt, as my friend said "if idle blood was on an opeth album, no one would bat an eye" Namely the first part of the two verses, when Jonas' voice goes high, sounds incredibly similar to mike.

New Night's vocal melodies are just something so beautiful... its rising up as my favourite songs on the album :D singing wise especially

Yes I am a New Night fan, definitely one of the best songs. And the most Katatonia song on the album in my view. The Lyrics in the chorus are almost Discouraged ones

Departer is unbelievable. I can't get over it. It hasn't made me cry, and discounting drunken moments when music has welled a couple of tears, the only real time I've cried to music without any real other reason was seeing Anathema play 'Angels Walk Among Us' live in London in 2008.

fuck new night is soooo god dam good. It was my fav from the first listen and has only been getting better! its up there with Ometa and The future of speech as my all time fav songs! dont get me wrong I LOVE every track but new night just gives me a massive one

Yea New Night has really grown on me now when I have heard the album like 20+ times.. it is soo good

I was wondering that what songs they are going to play live :O I'd like to hear some NITND live. I wonder if its going to be hard to play them as there's so much some industrial shit etc in it. Guess that they'll figure it out

Lead guitar melody at Liberations chorus and the way is used later (fade in and then "isolated" before the second chorus)...also Daniel's groove in this song, the notes he plays at snare and bassdrum at most of the song.

Also Daniels' groove at Departer (Liberation and Departer are my favourites at the moment), right after Krister's first lines, very clean sound and excellent use of crash and china cymbals.

+ Promise of Deceit: Completely awesome track

+ Onwards into battle chorus: Emotional chaos