Dissection Will Leave Nuclear Blast!!!!

Dissolution said:
It may not be the main reason but, did you know that in Century Media, every time you record a new album, they have to aprove it before to start with all the releasing process? That kind of sucks.

In which case, they shouldn't sign to the label in the first place. Or does the label force them into that too?

AsModEe said:
I've figured with time that a lot of metal fans have stupid reasons to bash everything.
Agreed.

Guardian of Darkness said:
In which case, they shouldn't sign to the label in the first place. Or does the label force them into that too?
Hear, hear.

I take it you aren't blaming the label for that? 'Cause that'd be fucking dumb.
Agreed. They do need a better songwriter, though. I always was impressed by the band's attention to classical development, but in every song even that grows tired.

Dissolution said:
It may not be the main reason but, did you know that in Century Media, every time you record a new album, they have to aprove it before to start with all the releasing process? That kind of sucks.
yeah, lots of labels do that. They wouldnt just throw money at a band without approving of what the payed for.....although some do

here's a good reason why nuclear blast sucks:
every good release they have has some sort of "collector" crap. i'm sure if they released the new dissection album there would be
a)a regular edition cd
b)a digicase edition
c)a stupid incompatable with my car cd player shaped edition
d)a re-release with bonus live tracks in a year when the first edition is out of print
e)a collector's edition with something silly added

nuclear blast is notorious for putting out all these multiple editions. look at how they handled dissection already. when the "where dead angels lie" ep went out of print they packaged it on the storm of the light's bane cd. so now a fan either shells out big bucks on ebay for the out of print ep or repurchases a cd he or she already owns. and the dissection live album that had a mere 7 tracks, one of which was an intro. add to that the fact that they put out a dvd with it that was limited release only so that they could jack up the price on it. i'm sure they'll make it a general release in 2 years just to screw the people that shelled out top dollar when it first came out.

the alumnus said:
here's a good reason why nuclear blast sucks:
every good release they have has some sort of "collector" crap. i'm sure if they released the new dissection album there would be
a)a regular edition cd
b)a digicase edition
c)a stupid incompatable with my car cd player shaped edition
d)a re-release with bonus live tracks in a year when the first edition is out of print
e)a collector's edition with something silly added

nuclear blast is notorious for putting out all these multiple editions. look at how they handled dissection already. when the "where dead angels lie" ep went out of print they packaged it on the storm of the light's bane cd. so now a fan either shells out big bucks on ebay for the out of print ep or repurchases a cd he or she already owns. and the dissection live album that had a mere 7 tracks, one of which was an intro. add to that the fact that they put out a dvd with it that was limited release only so that they could jack up the price on it. i'm sure they'll make it a general release in 2 years just to screw the people that shelled out top dollar when it first came out.

Didn't they release a limited edition box set of Hyprocisy's "The Arrival"?

So just buy the regular edition and stop bitching. Nuclear Blast isn't the only label that puts out several editions of their more popular releases. Not to mention some of the things you mentioned they've only done possibly a handful of times. Worry about the music the bands are putting out and not what 'edition' it is. The fact remains that Nuclear Blast hasn't made any bands bad. The bands do it themselves.

While I don't necessarily disagree that it is the band's fault if they become shit. I do think some of the blame lies with the label.

For example, say some band releases a few quality releases, and gets a taste of "success" (ie money). Then said band wants to "change" their sound to appease this new market and possibly bring in more money. In doing this, the band's sound obviously goes down in quality, which both band and label recognize.

Shouldn't the label say "hey, it's more important to us to release a quality product than to bring in more money."? Of course they don't because greed gets the best of 'em.

And even in some cases a label will tell a band to become more accessible to gain a larger fanbase. Granted, ths doesn't happen to all bands, but it does happen. So yes, sometimes a label is, at least, partly responsible for a band turning to shit.

Let's face it, Jon Nodveidt is not the type of person that will succumb to success or a record label. Usually, murderers don't do that.

True, I doubt Jon gives a shit about money, but there are other Nuclear Blast bands that fit the description I gave, namely In Flames and Soilwork, and it can be argued Dimmu Borgir as well.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to turn this into a "sell-out" thread, so bugger off.

It's not the record company's fault for those bands though. They chose to suck. Only Dimmu Borgir on that short little list didn't always suck.

Dodens Grav said:
It's not the record company's fault for those bands though. They chose to suck. Only Dimmu Borgir on that short little list didn't always suck.

They all were never that good in my eyes, but some of the material on Soilwork's first two albums runs circles around Dimmu..

Same here. I'm a big Century Media fan, as well. As well as Earache, Metal Blade, Roadrunner, and Immortal(just for Incubus).

Dodens Grav said:
Either way, it's not Nuclear Blast's fault that they suck.
Even if the label put pressure on them to "evolve" into a second rate version of their former selves?