Disturbing metal

Jimm O)))

Oct 11, 2007
I'm not sure I'll get many recommendations on this one but I'm looking for some metal as dark and disturbing as bands like Blut Aus Nord, The Axis of Perdition, and Reverence. I've been hard pressed to find anything else along these lines. I think TAOP have set the bar in terms of dark and disturbing shit.

It doesn't have to be black metal. Death, doom, drone/doom will all work if you think a band fits what I'm asking for.

Blut Aus Nord are 'disturbing'? o_O

I'm sure someone will mention Aborym or Abruptm or smt but I don't really find them disturbing either. When really drunk outside The Angelic Process are kinda unsettling in places, they're shoegaze/drone kinda stuff I guess.

WORMPHLEGM (the demo is better than the full lenght). The absolute insanity.

Cortisol (they got twisted vocal at least on "Meat" haven't heard their others. The music is kinda average but the vocals are up there.)

A bit in the vein of Bethlehem there's Nortt. The vocal are pretty sick too. I personnaly can't stand the voice, they are that abrasive lol.

Ataraxie - slow transcending agony (The whole album is pretty much an agony from A to Z, very well done. Every time I listen to it with headphones I get lost in my thought and my respiration slows significantly!)

also depressive bands you might enjoy (lol):
beatrik - journey through the end of life
forgotten tomb
spektr - the near death experience
abyssic hate - suicidal emotion

finally Sunn O)))'s White 2 is pretty intense too but given your name you must heard it before...

I'm sure someone will mention Aborym or Abruptm or smt but I don't really find them disturbing either. When really drunk outside The Angelic Process are kinda unsettling in places, they're shoegaze/drone kinda stuff I guess.

Aborym aren't disturbing, they just kick ass.

As for what may be disturbing, what about Spektr?

Empire Auriga

EMPIRE AURIGA's gaze is set upon the abjection of post-apocalyptic landscapes, seething with shapeless malignance, and obscured by vapours of misanthropy.