Division new album discussion...

Guitar update: I'm mostly done - I have one full song left to do, and a few fixes to some of the others. We'll do Dave's rhythm guitars next, and then our solos after that. Then I need to re-amp everything...

So we've got some work left to do, but it's coming along...

We blasted through vocal recording pretty quickly on Sunday night. It was fun to do my research and get my brain wrapped around the source material. I write fairly bizarre lyrics, so it's always a good thing to be able to get into the mind set of the person represented in the song. That being said, I think i'm going to need some dead chicks.

I had a very interesting fact pop into my head the other day. There's a line in the song, ".45 Intent" about being "in this bar surrounded by the ghosts of Bettie Page". It's a line that I wrote while at an industrial bar in Louisville, drinking and listening to Lords of Acid while couples (or more than couples) were dancing all around.

At the time, Bettie Page was alive. Since I wrote it, she's since died and I feel like the line still means the same thing, but doesn't. Strange, I know, but kinda hard to explain.