New Album Discussion

FearTheReaper

Aug 14, 2006
Buffalo, N.Y.
This might be a little early,but what the fuck who cares?

It seems as if that time has arrived once more. The boys have been on the road,pretty much since Blooddrunks release. The touring is now done,and Henkka ending his latest tour diary with "Concentrating on writing". So my thoughts instantly were adrift with excitement and mystery.

There are dozens of questions to be answered and dozens of pieces of info to obtain. But the fact is,its that time again. A new album is on the way and i'm fucking estatic.

That being said,its onward to the speculation and prediction period that will remain throughout the writing and recording process. As far as the time period for the release,i forsee a mid 2010 date if they plan on returing to the 2 year album cycle they used before Blooddrunk. If there plan is to reherse for a couple months,hit the road for a while and then focus once more and take a longer period of time to write,(as they did with Blooddrunk). Then an early 2011 release sounds accurate.

As far as the sound goes,well i'm not sure what to expect. This is going to be there 7th album. There 3rd with Roope,and Blooddrunk is going to be a hard follow up. AYDY was a let down for sure,but it opened a big door for improvement and progression.

BD was astonishing. I was an improvement in every possible way. The speed and melody was heightend,and COB even managed to use tasteful progressive metal elements into the blend. Roope was given more room in the mix,and that was extremly refreshing and awesome. Especially in the solo aspect. The keys were in the forefront alot more than on AYDY,and some key solos(in regards to speed) were reminiscent of the Hatebreeder,Follow the Reaper days.

Those points being adressed,i dont really have a prediction as too what the album might be like. As it is far to early to tell. Everyone will likely want a return to roots vibe,and i would love that. But being realistic is the best way to prepare for a new album,especially when the band is one of your favorites. Its hard to tell if the guys even want to go back. COB will likely continue to evolve. Perhaps incorporating more progressive song structures,and more intricate solos. But only time will tell.

I couldn't resist the oppurtunity to jump on the idea of a new album thread. And i have been inactive for quite sometime now.

Please share your thoughts. And please keep this thread serious.
:headbang:

BUT IS NEVER BE AS TR00 AS OLD BODOM :mad:

͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͍͉͈͇͇͙͎͒̿̾͋͌͋͆̈́͛͘͟͝͞͡ͅ͏͓̺͒̿̾

Seriously? You thought Blooddrunk was an improvement on Are You Dead Yet? I didn't at all... At first I absolutely hated Blooddrunk, it's grown on me now but I still think it's the worst album they've done.
Also, I read somewhere that it'd be released early 2011.

Hey, srsly, pretty much anything is an improvement over AYDY. That had like, 1 good song. Blooddrunk was at least somewhat comparable to HCDR.

i really think AYDY is better than BD i liked like 3 songs from BD...
the henkka post is very intriguing indeed
i think the new album will be a lot like BD tough, wich is a shame for me, i just hope the pure rock n roll follow the reaper vibe returns to cob and that they use some neo classical elements again.. :)

Hey, srsly, pretty much anything is an improvement over AYDY. That had like, 1 good song. Blooddrunk was at least somewhat comparable to HCDR.
I actually really like Are You Dead Yet?
Blooddrunk was a massive disappointment to me and I don't think it sounds anything like Hatecrew Deathroll. Blooddrunk sounded a lot more like American metal to me and that's not a good thing.

I actually really like Are You Dead Yet?
Blooddrunk was a massive disappointment to me and I don't think it sounds anything like Hatecrew Deathroll. Blooddrunk sounded a lot more like American metal to me and that's not a good thing.

Not to attack your opinion,but what the fuck does AYDY sound like to you?
AYDY sounds twice as american as BD. At least Blooddrunk had intricate song structures and amazing solos. AYDY's only elements of intrest are its catchiness,and heaviness. Other than that its a snore fest. Sometimes i completly look over AYDY during my COB album cycle and go right to BD.

How can you dislike BD based solely on the fact that Roope has more solos on it?! Just think about that sole fact. Not to mention it is alot more melodic that AYDY. AND its FASTER!!!

AYDY sounds twice as american as BD. At least Blooddrunk had intricate song structures and amazing solos. AYDY's only elements of intrest are its catchiness,and heaviness. Other than that its a snore fest. Sometimes i completly look over AYDY during my COB album cycle and go right to BD.

How can you dislike BD based solely on the fact that Roope has more solos on it?! Just think about that sole fact. Not to mention it is alot more melodic that AYDY. AND its FASTER!!!

:lol: I agree with that Aleksi guy 100%, BD was good maybe from a composition standpoint and when I listen to it there's good shit I guess but nothing is memorable for me and I had ZERO urge to go back and listen to any of the songs... AYDY at least, while juvenile, had some entertaining songs that I loved. And that's just my opinion. I really felt BD was a step in the wrong direction according to MY PERSONAL TASTE, not saying it was bad for the band, just saying it wasn't something I liked.

I try to keep my personal taste aside when discussing the overall quality of an album. I go by musical skill,composition,and longevity mainly. I think AYDY lacks longevity and compostion primarily.

Aydy has alot of catchy moments but it doesn't stay with you. An album like Sweet Vengeance by Nightrage is an album with amazing longevity

It is indeed juvenile,which questions the overall quality of the songs and albums composition.

If you take a look at songs like Bastards of Bodom, Trashed Lost and Strungout, We're Not Gonna Fall you'll notice a lot of melody there... The melodies on the Blooddrunk album seem to take the back seat and aren't that memorable to me.
I completely disagree with you on heaviness, Are You Dead Yet? really isn't that heavy at all to my ears. Laiho even said (in an attempt to advertise Blooddrunk) that Blooddrunk was a lot heavier than any of the other albums. Catchiness, however, is a very important element in music and I will agree, Are You Dead Yet? is catchy... That's a very good thing.
As for solos, most of the Blooddrunk ones don't stick out to me, I don't care who's playing them, they're boring!
Finally, speed isn't something I look for in music, if it's fast and sounds good then that's great but "fast = good" is complete fallacy in my opinion. My favorite song on the Blooddrunk album is Banned From Heaven, the speed shouldn't matter as long as it sounds good. Playing fast for the sake of playing fast = fail in my opinion.
I really hope the new album goes in a better direction, something like Follow The Reaper or Hatebreeder would be awesome. However, I very much doubt I'm going to get my wish.

If you take a look at songs like Bastards of Bodom, Trashed Lost and Strungout, We're Not Gonna Fall you'll notice a lot of melody there... The melodies on the Blooddrunk album seem to take the back seat and aren't that memorable to me.
I completely disagree with you on heaviness, Are You Dead Yet? really isn't that heavy at all to my ears. Laiho even said (in an attempt to advertise Blooddrunk) that Blooddrunk was a lot heavier than any of the other albums. Catchiness, however, is a very important element in music and I will agree, Are You Dead Yet? is catchy... That's a very good thing.
As for solos, most of the Blooddrunk ones don't stick out to me, I don't care who's playing them, they're boring!
Finally, speed isn't something I look for in music, if it's fast and sounds good then that's great but "fast = good" is complete fallacy in my opinion. My favorite song on the Blooddrunk album is Banned From Heaven, the speed shouldn't matter as long as it sounds good. Playing fast for the sake of playing fast = fail in my opinion.
I really hope the new album goes in a better direction, something like Follow The Reaper or Hatebreeder would be awesome. However, I very much doubt I'm going to get my wish.

:lol: Just save yourself trouble and look forward to Borknagar's new album coming on February 22nd, 2010... every other album by my favourite bands that has come out in the last 2 years has let me down. Insomnium, Sonata Arctica, Behemoth, Megadeth, etc...

:lol: Just save yourself trouble and look forward to Borknagar's new album coming on February 22nd, 2010... every other album by my favourite bands that has come out in the last 2 years has let me down. Insomnium, Sonata Arctica, Behemoth, Megadeth, etc...
I've yet to hear Insomnium's newest album, I'll have to check if it's online yet and buy it if I like it... I hope you're wrong about it being a let down. I've never heard of Borknagar before though, I'll have to give them a listen.

Dude... Borknagar, check out The Archaic Course or Quintessence, two of the best albums I've ever heard.
I listened to Insomnium's latest and it was good, other than the guest vocalist who ruined every track he was on.
I also listened to Borknagar and I wasn't too impressed, it was okay but nothing special imo.

This might be a little early,but what the fuck who cares?

It seems as if that time has arrived once more. The boys have been on the road,pretty much since Blooddrunks release. The touring is now done,and Henkka ending his latest tour diary with "Concentrating on writing". So my thoughts instantly were adrift with excitement and mystery.

There are dozens of questions to be answered and dozens of pieces of info to obtain. But the fact is,its that time again. A new album is on the way and i'm fucking estatic.

That being said,its onward to the speculation and prediction period that will remain throughout the writing and recording process. As far as the time period for the release,i forsee a mid 2010 date if they plan on returing to the 2 year album cycle they used before Blooddrunk. If there plan is to reherse for a couple months,hit the road for a while and then focus once more and take a longer period of time to write,(as they did with Blooddrunk). Then an early 2011 release sounds accurate.

As far as the sound goes,well i'm not sure what to expect. This is going to be there 7th album. There 3rd with Roope,and Blooddrunk is going to be a hard follow up. AYDY was a let down for sure,but it opened a big door for improvement and progression.

BD was astonishing. I was an improvement in every possible way. The speed and melody was heightend,and COB even managed to use tasteful progressive metal elements into the blend. Roope was given more room in the mix,and that was extremly refreshing and awesome. Especially in the solo aspect. The keys were in the forefront alot more than on AYDY,and some key solos(in regards to speed) were reminiscent of the Hatebreeder,Follow the Reaper days.

Those points being adressed,i dont really have a prediction as too what the album might be like. As it is far to early to tell. Everyone will likely want a return to roots vibe,and i would love that. But being realistic is the best way to prepare for a new album,especially when the band is one of your favorites. Its hard to tell if the guys even want to go back. COB will likely continue to evolve. Perhaps incorporating more progressive song structures,and more intricate solos. But only time will tell.

I couldn't resist the oppurtunity to jump on the idea of a new album thread. And i have been inactive for quite sometime now.

Please share your thoughts. And please keep this thread serious.
:headbang:

It's fucking THEIR, not THERE.
Oh and a comma should be followed by a space. Fuuuuuuck.

Anyway, I think the next album is going to be shit. Alexi's vocals keep getting worse, their guitar tone keeps getting worse and the keys also keeps getting worse.