Thoughts on the new album?

It's actually a dissonance or whatever the proper term is, here are the first three notes of the chorus:

----------14---------
---------------14----
---------------------
----11---------------
---------------------
---------------------

Try them out with a D-tuned guitar and you see the 14 notes together make a strong vibration, while the first and third note blend together. Sadly I don't know the correct terms. I first thought the vibrato was a whammy bar chirp until I played it.

That's actually not the note I'm talking about. If you're looking at the up-to-date tab from the tab thread, I'm talking about the last note in bar 71 and particularly 79. The way Alexi plays it is a very sharp vibrato if you listen carefully. I love it, it makes my ear drums quite happy.

Sometimes they're probably not meant to feel so 'one' but rather for the song to have different parts, I dunno.

That's strange man, my opinion is that the songs are in fact 'one' and gel quite well. I think all of the songs have a pretty seamless flow besides Roundtrip, but that's just me I guess.

Blooddrunk was also loved at first and celebrated as THE RETURN TO THE PAST

I don't remember that at all, at least if we're talking about fan reaction. From what I recall just about everyone hated Blooddrunk and still do. Shit, even I don't even listen to those songs too often anymore.

I personally was very encouraged by the SKO samples but when the album came out I figured it was just some of the cherries on top. I do listen to the album very much, it has a lot of energetic and masculine material. It manages to sound great at times but at other times quite bad. SKO is the only song that's not annoying a good third of the time.

My first listen through RRF gave me mixed feelings. I said the same thing though after each time a new song came out, which was not to comment on them unless you've listened to them at least 20 times each. The first time I heard the trashy parts of SKO I cringed a little bit. My mind was fixated on expecting something else, but eventually it all grew on me. And honestly, that's exactly how I first started listening to Bodom when I first heard the song Downfall for the first time and explored Hatebreeder. RRF is unlike previous COB albums, and I think the reason you can't grow to appreciate it is because you're only listening for that one particular sound you're interested in and not allowing yourself to absorb the rest.

Clearly the guitar solos on this album make you think Alexi wants to primarily prove his technical guitar playing skills instead of making the entirity a glued piece of good music.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. The SKO solo isn't technical at all and is there 100% only to support the song. The main NMF solo is hardly technical either, and it's one of Alexi's best solos. Ugly and Roundtrip solos are also not technical and fit naturally within the songs. Pussyfoot has standard solos too but they aren't too great, actually. The rest yeah, I would say are those purely show off kind.

Children Of Decadence, Hate Me were an indication of things to come with the style of vocals, while Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood I think had still the feeling of FTR especially on that melodic part midway to the song, like an echo from FTR.

I just find it strange because that song has imo the worst verse ever in a COB song and is carried by a few parts, which according to the things I read is exactly what people think of the new album.

Joonas, I think what you mean is this (bar69):

e----------10h-----
b--12-14h------14h-

Same effect is in AYDY.

To both of you - Norbix and Joonas - welcome to the world of different opinions. But I must admit that I'm on Norbix' side this time. Joonas, you have a strange taste of music. In 90% I have to disagree with your opinion about Bodom songs :lol: