Thoughts on the new album?

sharp15

New Metal Member
Mar 2, 2011
I haven't been here in forever but just wanted to know what the fans on here think of Relentless Reckless Forever? I personally think it's their worst album. I was so disappointed with the album. I love the title track along with "Ugly" and "Was It Worth It" but the other songs sound a lot more different than their previous albums.

I know Blooddrunk is probably the least liked among COB fans but I think it's better than RRF. There's just more quality songs on that album.

Most of the songs aren't even very memorable. I forget them very fast. I guess I don't like it because it sounds different than HCDR, AYDY, and FTR and those are my 3 favorite COB albums.

So the question is... Is anyone else disappointed with this album? I'd probably rate the album a 5/10.

Change is not a bad thing. You can't expect every album to sound the same, obviously the band is going to grow and change over time. I think this album was better than Blooddrunk, of which I don't have an over abundance of praise for, but still enjoyed it nonetheless. I was disappointed with RRF the first few listens, but I have to admit that it's begun to grow on me. I actually quite like it now.

Haters gonna hate though, I s'pose.

If they gave people 15-30 second teasers from the best parts of each song, you'd think it's their best album. But it's not, there's way too much filling material. Next time I hope they return to the whole Lake Bodom thing and quit this riff-orientation.

If they gave people 15-30 second teasers from the best parts of each song, you'd think it's their best album. But it's not, there's way too much filling material. Next time I hope they return to the whole Lake Bodom thing and quit this riff-orientation.

They did lol. I remember listening to the 15 second snippets and thinking how great it was going to be. Turns out it wasn't so good. Oh well, I'm seeing them in about 12 days. Does anybody know their setlist?

^ This is the setlist for their show in Tokyo yesterday, but of course, it won't necessarily be the same

tokyo.jpg

The album is pretty meh... It's been over a month since I last listened to it (or any song from it).

It is forgettable as in when browsing my cd catalog, I tend to not listen to it.
However when I do listen to it I think it's pretty good and really enjoy it. Nowhere near the standards of old Bodom (minus SKO perhaps), but I know they don't go back to that and I can life with that.
At this point I'd give this album a 7.7 out of 10 where I'd rate BD a 7.5 and all other albums at least an 8 or higher.

And I should add that the songs didn't have such an impact on me live as a song like HOMT had. I disliked that song before I heard it live and ever since think it's one of the best songs on BD. While RTHAB was pretty cool and it didn't really improve after seeing that song live.

If they're only gonna make one more album I think they should try to make something in the vein of HB/FTR... spontaneous or not I don't care : P It would be a way to shut up their old fans for life. Altough they probably won't know beforehand which is their last CD...