Thoughts on the new album?

No wonder, truth is Arabian countries have some really pretty young ladies out there. People just don't know. The western image is Arabian ladies also have beard... They have ugly women and extremely pretty women, just like in every country.

Personally I think Japan has potentially the prettiest chicks out there, but the weird thing is they also age fast at some point.

this whole beauty and ststus of being hot depends totally on people's taste!

As far as I know, Arabas like quite fat women with big ass and teets!

but eastern chicks are slim and pocketable!! :D

My vote goes to slim and cute ones :D

I'd like to add that I like pale faces :)

Sorry dude the thread for this album was made already two years ago and is in the stickies, this is now about Arabian women.

dude, I like your attitude :D

Joonas, the only way you are getting laid with a japanese woman, is if you have tentacles :lol:

what is a tentacle?

Unibrow :lol: ?

:OMG:

=================

I think I have to start this thread this new thread I'm talking about :D

I have lots of stuff to share :D funny and serious ones!

=================

I've always told muslims to learn English+ Arabic in order to prevent stuff

like this:loco:

10nx6he.jpg

Great COB album. RRF IS Children of bodom. Fast aggressive riffs, Laiho melodies, and great solos. I don't understand why people keep using the word change anymore. Change happened in 2003 with HCDR. The band has been that way since.

Two shemales kissing in a cop car :lol: first time in Iran :lol:

Reminds me of a real-life story I heard today. A guy I know claims to once have been detained by the Burmese military for 3 hours... while dressed in drag. :lol:

As for RRF, why is it suddenly the entire forum is "disappointed" by RRF? After release everyone was like "OMG best album evar". Now most people in this thread are basically saying the same things I was when I first heard it.

I think Ugly is the only song on the album that's polished from start to finish. All the others have their moments, some more than others, but there's always some nagging little thing that ruins it. For SKO that's the verse, for CotN it's pretty much the whole song except for the outro, for WIWI it's the solo, etc.

And yeah, I agree with Joonas (for a change) that they need to get rid of all the filler riffs. RRF ain't mediocre because it's "not FTR", but because it feels very inconsistent, almost (almost) as if some of the songs were thrown together from random riffs at the last moment with little regard for how well they sound as a whole

As for RRF, why is it suddenly the entire forum is "disappointed" by RRF? After release everyone was like "OMG best album evar".

The best album ever expectations came when we heard the SKO samples. I think people were also encouraged by the nice guitar tone you could pick up from those samples. There seemed to be melodies too. Ultimately I think for many it turned out to be too guitar riff-oriented. I still play it a lot in my mp3-player however, it has it's own interesting sides and is of course a kickass album like any COB album.

Honestly what the fuck can you expect when fans pray for a return to the old days and we get WIWI as single.
I mean the song is absolutely fantastic, it's just the verses, solos, intro, outro and pre-chorus suck. The chorus is very sexual.

All the others have their moments, some more than others, but there's always some nagging little thing that ruins it. For SKO that's the verse, for CotN it's pretty much the whole song except for the outro, for WIWI it's the solo, etc.

I think the SKO verse riff is genious and one of the best things about the album.

And yeah, I agree with Joonas (for a change) that they need to get rid of all the filler riffs. RRF ain't mediocre because it's "not FTR", but because it feels very inconsistent, almost (almost) as if some of the songs were thrown together from random riffs at the last moment with little regard for how well they sound as a whole

What I think is you can too often feel Alexi's writing style in this album, mashing together guitar riffs. I feel a lack of unite idea in the songs. SKO feels to me the only song that has a single plot. Then the solos don't kind of fit in the songs sometimes, like PMS. You have Roundtrip which would be a diamond if it wasn't for that lame chorus.

If you ask me they should start focusing on the atmosphere again, it's always their atmospheric and melodic songs that are the best. But the feeling doesn't always reguire a hell of a lot of melodies and keyboards (and it isn't that simple anyway) necessarily, for example Knuckleduster is an atmospheric song without much melodies and despite its simplicity is considered a good and catchy song because the riffs have a purpose.

:OMG:

=================

I think I have to start this thread this new thread I'm talking about :D

I have lots of stuff to share :D funny and serious ones!

=================

I've always told muslims to learn English+ Arabic in order to prevent stuff

like this:loco:

10nx6he.jpg

why preventing? I guess he knows what his shirt says.

And you really dont know the word tentacles? Like octopus "arms"?

Day of the tentacle - what a great old game!

As for RRF, I agree with Crzy Aus. Ugly is the best song for me with the best solo (NMF solo is great too, but not as atmospheric). SKO would be a great song - if there wasn't the verse. NMF is too long imo. It would be better without the repeating of the intro and the following harmonie section and the pre-solo which is horrible as fuck. COTN is getting better and better for me, RTHAB has some good parts but an annoying chorus, WIWI has this cool intro but the rest sucks and all other songs are lame.

why preventing? I guess he knows what his shirt says.

And you really dont know the word tentacles? Like octopus "arms"?

I'm not saying rocking and drinking and fucking should be banned!

I just said that for their own sake!

Imagine their Allah seeing a muslim in a mosque with a t-shirt like that:loco:

And you really dont know the word tentacles? Like octopus "arms"

nope! :D

my vocabulary range sucks in these stuff! :D

What I think is you can too often feel Alexi's writing style in this album, mashing together guitar riffs. I feel a lack of unite idea in the songs.

Not sure why you're calling it "Alexi style writing" though, older stuff, including his solo song, doesn't really suffer from the same problems. Heck, even KTS which was supposed to have been a last-minute thing, comes together in a pretty consistent fashion, other than the random solo in the end.

I think the SKO verse riff is genious and one of the best things about the album.

Meh, it sounds like a generic melodeath riff, something I'd expect to see in an In Flames song, not a CoB song.

I actually found the new album to be quite interesting. Idk why a lot of fans don't like it. I love how it sounds so much different than any other album from them, it shows how unique of a band Bodom is. I think fans will learn to appreciate it over time.

Not sure why you're calling it "Alexi style writing" though, older stuff, including his solo song, doesn't really suffer from the same problems. Heck, even KTS which was supposed to have been a last-minute thing, comes together in a pretty consistent fashion, other than the random solo in the end.

It depends if it's written with passion and vision or just randomly playing guitar and picking out good sounding riffs and gluing them together. I first heard this when he was writing material for AYDY in the Lapland cabin. Jam out random shit and when I figure that sounded good I play it again and record it. Or maybe it's the attitude; I said this all along, it would be more exciting for starters if the attitude was "I can't wait to get writing the new album and doing something remarkable!" than "I dunno, I guess the same shit again." Maybe it's Alexi's way of talking tho. It was hard to grasp what their initial thoughts were in reality as there was a colorful variety of attitudes circling in the air, one of them being the condition was with the producer we set out to write the best metal album ever. Obviously what might seem like stressful work might turn to passion later on.

Maybe I'm delusional but I think I can sense gluing together of separate ideas in many songs on RRF, and on some tracks forming the song on the basis of just one or two nice ideas, which is always more or less the case, but sometimes it's painfully obvious. Some of their tracks are teeming with brilliance. Maybe it's my personal problem with thrash... but there's no need to pretend things to be perfect. I may hear their songs thousands of times during the years and one day find out in a live video that's how that particular part sounds absolutely perfect. It's little things which are difficult to get exactly the way in studio the artist imagines them.

The bottom line is after all whatever Alexi writes is the best of his heart and ability and mind by the time. Naturally each album has some musically less staggering songs, but for me songs like Northpole Throwdown are just "aahh fuck it, we need one more song, let's mash some silly riffs together in a minute and include this Chinese melody we didn't use yet." Then again some people find that song awesome, so who am I to judge. My opinion is Alexi could make a better album if he put more heart into it. Best music is the kind that makes you visualize things, feel emotions and feel adrenaline rush, and besides x amount of scenes RRF doesn't do that to me (mostly it has the adrenaline rush) but that's also just how I see it. Truth is of course no matter how much hard work there is, art is mostly vision.

Mood and inspiration are important of course, but IMO it's the considerable amount of meticulous work on putting the riffs together, arrangement and the like, that makes or breaks the song. I personally though just about every song on RRF had a great riff or two (and I mean it when I say "great"), but didn't deliver overall. Just my speculation though.

I'd say jamming shit out is a great way to come up with riffs and stuff - afaik a plenty of great classical musicians used that method (Verdi is the one that pops into my head first, pretty sure Elgar too, and many others). It's just that the work on a song shouldn't stop there. I do also think it'd be a lot better if the band actually went into the studio with the album mostly written, at least on paper.

It's little things which are difficult to get exactly the way in studio the artist imagines them.

Well yeah, but that's more on the production side. IIRC, I was quite disappointed with the songwriting aspect when I wrote the comment.

Best music is the kind that makes you visualize things, feel emotions and feel adrenaline rush, and besides x amount of scenes RRF doesn't do that to me (mostly it has the adrenaline rush) but that's also just how I see it.

Well, not all music is "cinematic" like that. IMO, there's a plenty of good music one can enjoy on a purely musical/intellectual level.

COB has changed quite a bit musically but I believe they became loved because of the green and blue album. Of course there's the new AYDY wave of fans too, but in my mind the blue and green album were the most epic ones that created that mythical aura for COB. Comparing different entities is actually worthless. Of course it's more logical this way than inventing the same wheel for 7 times, it's just a matter of taste I guess whether you like their 'evolvement'. I don't judge an album by what scales they play, I just simplify it as preferring more feeling rather than technical riffs.

Maybe it's my personal problem with thrash.

I think it is. RRF is an extremely well written album. While yes, there are maybe one or two sections of each song that could be better (aka the hold me tight part in roundtrip), the album is written way better than Hatebreeder/SW. Instead of tremelo picking one note a great deal, RRF is completely riff orientated. I think I'm slightly biased, but honestly I try very hard not to be when it comes to COB. I find Not My Funeral, Shovel, and Roundtrip to be some of the best songs they've written because there's greatness almost the entire way through each song. I strongly believe all of you who claim the songwriting of RRF is poor are simply biased against anything that doesn't sound like green and blue.

One thing about RRF that nobody else seems to pick up on (or just don't care about) is the feeling in playing. Things like Not My Funeral chorus and Shovel verse melody thing you can't find in COB of old. It's really cool because so far nobody in covers has been able to replicate Alexi's playing on the album. Furthermore, I find that that energy level in the songs of RRF is constant and high. More so than most COB albums.

Maybe like Alexi I've moved on because I prefer to listen and play RRF more than the previous albums. Learning the RRF songs to me was way more satisfying and enjoyable, and I still jam to them quite often because the riffs are just more enjoyable to play in general.

RRF is an extremely well written album. While yes, there are maybe one or two sections of each song that could be better (aka the hold me tight part in roundtrip), the album is written way better than Hatebreeder/SW. Instead of tremelo picking one note a great deal, RRF is completely riff orientated.

It's always fun to break an album down to small parts and analyze, but in the end it all boils down to one thing: does it sound good, or does it not? After all, music is art, not maths. Wheter HB and SW are "theoretically" inferior albums or not, IMO they just sound plain better in almost every aspect. But you're right about the "feeling of playing", you can really hear it.

Sometimes a single bad riff can kill a potentially good song (SKO verse).

Riff-oriented doesn't automatically mean better, either. If the riffs don't flow well together, the song doesn't sound as good. The somewhat lazy bridges between good riffs is one of my biggest issues with RRF.

The other one is that some riffs float around 1-2 chords, so the song goes nowhere harmonically for the duration of the riff. An appearance of such riff kills any flow in a song.

I don't consider SW a CoB album, since they never wrote anything like it afterwards; it's an odd one out that doesn't really work in comparisons. HB is def. more simplistic than RRF, but has the flow that RRF often lacks. Trying to make music more complex is all well and good, but only if you can pull it off.