Do the members of Symphony X have day jobs still?

I also found Mike to be very cool both times I met him, but he definitely has that typical East Coast demeanor, which if you're not accustomed to it, can be misinterpreted as rude, or arrogant. It's not that at all really. In fact I'd describe that East Coast vibe as "brutally honest" in a nice way. ;)

Paul Adrian Villarreal said:
I also found Mike to be very cool both times I met him, but he definitely has that typical East Coast demeanor, which if you're not accustomed to it, can be misinterpreted as rude, or arrogant. It's not that at all really. In fact I'd describe that East Coast vibe as "brutally honest" in a nice way. ;)
I think you said it just right, and I'm sure that is what happens on initial meetings with him.
Personally, I've found all the guys to be very open and friendly. Mike P. is shy and tends to keep to himself more than the others, but I'm sure he is not when one gets to know him.

Pharoah said:
I think you said it just right, and I'm sure that is what happens on initial meetings with him.
Personally, I've found all the guys to be very open and friendly. Mike P. is shy and tends to keep to himself more than the others, but I'm sure he is not when one gets to know him.
Yes, Mipe P. does seem alittle shy, but once you break the ice w/him, he's too cool!:headbang: But out of all the times I have had the chance to chat w/any of them, they have been nothing but gentlemen. They seem to know how to treat the ladies..hehe! No really, some musicians look at girls like they are just their for the guys and not for the music.. *Idiots*.. Not SymX!! They treat you w/respect (IMO) and seem to really care about how you feel as a fan, and music lover!

dargormudshark said:
I have never met him but he always sounds like a cool guy in interviews in stuff. Alexi Laiho, now that's a jerk!
Have you ever met Alexi? You have no fucking clue what you are talking about! I met the dude, he had a flu, and he was the coolest fucking guy ever! It's bullshit to talk out yer ass due to reading his persona in interviews and on stage.

theodyssey said:
Have you ever met Alexi? You have no fucking clue what you are talking about! I met the dude, he had a flu, and he was the coolest fucking guy ever! It's bullshit to talk out yer ass due to reading his persona in interviews and on stage.

Yeah man, I hung out with Alexi and he's super nice and super down to earth. The whole "FUCK YOU WE'RE THE HATECREW" thing is just a stage personna.

theodyssey said:

I've met the guy and when I told him how awesome their show was he said "Yeah..Whatever" then I told him how much I liked his instructional video and he said exactly the same thing. To tell you the truth that video sucks!
Maybe I caught him on a bad day or something.

Mike P. was shy, but I thought at first that he was just blowing us off. Although all the guys seemed very cool, Mike LePond was probably the nicest of the lot.

No one in Symphony X has ever been a jerk - and that goes for all the times I've met them. I'll never forget how friendly Jason and Russ were the first time I met them. They played a show a year or so back in Aurora, IL, and it was in a bar (so everyone under 21 had to leave after the show was over). I was 19 then, and my brother and I had to wait in the car while my awesome parents went inside to chat with the band. They returned moments later with Jason, who traversed the deadly sheet of ice to meet us. He was so cool! I met the rest of the band at later shows, and they are all really friendly guys. Yeah, P is pretty shy, and Romeo is, too (unfortunately, given his guitar virtuoso status, many people mistake him as arrogant, which is WAY incorrect).

A band doesn't owe its fans to personally meet them, but Symphony X always does. That's one of the millions of reasons why they rock!

Before I met Romeo, I figured him to be an arrogant guy, I don't know I guess he gives that vibe, but then I met him and he was so sweet. Mike P can be hard to read sometimes...he's shy yeah, but sometimes he's not. The last time I saw him he didn't say a word to me, but he looked really tired so I tried not to take it personally. They're human you know...some days they feel like it, some days...they don't.

I've only sat down and had a conversation with LePond, and I've chatted a bit with Romeo and Russell (although trying to get Russell to shut up for two seconds to answer the question he asked five sentences earlier is a challenge! :) ) and they've always been very nice - even when they're being hounded right and left by fanboys with no sense of personal space, they're quite gracious.

I'm sure they, like every other musician out there, have had bad days and have given off a bad impression to people with more pride than patience, but given the sheer numbers they have to deal with, they're so much nicer about it than I could be in the same situation. :)

most bands in this genre of music cant support themselves soley on the income they make from touring and band releases. i mean odessey sold what 50'000 cds? give or take. you imagine the record companies will take most of the profits from that giving the band a small chunk to divide up. then they get money from touring. but its not like they are selling out 20,000 seat arenas. i bet popular local cover bands probably are more financially successful then metal bands on SyX level of exposure. it does suck but thats the life ya choose when ya wanna play metal that isnt commercially acceptable