Do you as a metal listener look down upon other genres of music/their fans?

Oh come on lighten up blacky. :) Please....

arealman.jpg

YEARS OF SLAVERY, lol I love when black use the as an excuse to hate white people when most (almost all) black people today didn't even suffer through slavery. Also, fuck black commedy, the most hypocritical shit ever.

edit: If were a slave, then sorry.

They shouldn't, and this is where I think you've misunderstood me. I never said anything about gaining status. Intelligent people will generally be more discerning in everything they do and like. That was my point. So when Bigdouche says "I'm willing to bet most people here just enjoy movies very casually", it doesn't necessarily mean they like mainstream crud.

except "intelligence" isn't some simplistic, easily-measured quantity that applies equally to all our skills, nor does art exist on a linear scale from "good" to "bad", from which one can easily discern which works are suited to one's intellectual stature.

I look down to people who don't listen to metal and laugh to myself thinking what they're missing. Then laugh to myself and consider them lucky.

on the topic at hand, I had a recent experience with ignorance lately. I chatted up this dude who worked at Best Buy about their lack of a metal section. he said he felt the same way as I did. unfortunately, when I asked him what his favorite metal bands were, he cited shitty nu-metal like Disturbed and Godsmack. I quietly grumbled to myself. fuckin Youngstown.

One time when I went into a local music store I was looking at the metal section and this really annoying fat nerdy asian guy came up to me (he was the guy who stocked the metal section) and started rambling about the new Cradle of Filth or something so i left really quick and now when i go there i try to make sure he isn't working before i browse their metal section

One time when I went into a local music store I was looking at the metal section and this really annoying fat nerdy asian guy came up to me (he was the guy who stocked the metal section) and started rambling about the new Cradle of Filth or something so i left really quick and now when i go there i try to make sure he isn't working before i browse their metal section

at least he was talking about Cradle Of Filth and not crap like "OMG Korn is the shnizzle!" here in Youngstown the general population hasn't gotten past the nu-metal era. and Juggalos are huge here, too.