Do you as a metal listener look down upon other genres of music/their fans?

One time when I went into a local music store I was looking at the metal section and this really annoying fat nerdy asian guy came up to me (he was the guy who stocked the metal section) and started rambling about the new Cradle of Filth or something so i left really quick and now when i go there i try to make sure he isn't working before i browse their metal section

I am a huge Cradle of Filth fan (well I was), so I wouldn't mind at all if a fellow Cradle fan wanted to discuss the band....just not their latest piece of shit known as Thornography. :mad:

Every genre has good and bad music, people normaly judge certain genres based on the few songs they have listen to but that not makes the whole genre.

for instance, in my metalhead days when i was younger always thought electronic music was crap, with the help of Ulver i research the genre and there are electronic bands that are way more complex and interesting than a lot of metal.

Their are certain genres of music i don't listen too like hip hop or country, it just doesn't fit my taste, but who knows someday i might come across a band i like.
I've seen(and heard) hip hop with real drummers, bassists, guitarrists that were good musicians, it just not fit my taste and that doesn't make it shit just because i don't like it. of course what you see on mtv is total crap but i'm sure that's not the whole genre.

Anyway...To me there is good music and bad music and that's it.

Apart from hip-hop and overall commercial music, I like all other kinds of music. But what pisses me off is some people proclaiming they listen to "hard music" and its nothing but fucking alt rock.

Apart from hip-hop and overall commercial music, I like all other kinds of music. But what pisses me off is some people proclaiming they listen to "hard music" and its nothing but fucking alt rock.

thats like 95% of the people I know.

I just wanna stick it inside her and rub against the inner walls of her wet sanctuary. The warm feel of the juices over-run my throbbing beast as it swells to the size of a turnip.

hip hop is not commercial music

hip hop has been around since the 70s and 80s

Total Posts: 811 (15.41 posts per day)

I've had finals for the last and upcoming week - non stop studying (only breaks to post here and another board))

hip hop is not commercial music

hip hop has been around since the 70s and 80s

I've had finals for the last and upcoming week - non stop studying (only breaks to post here and another board))

Explain how Hip Hop is not commercial?

The music is very popular, and image surely seems to be quite marketable. I can't go anywhere without seeing a group of wiggers.

let me guess

you think avril lavigne is punk??

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

get a clue (that shit on MTV is nothing even remotely close to hip hop)

I thought Avril Lavigne was black metal...you're telling me she isn't? :rolleyes:

I don't watch TV and I've never watched MTV so I have no idea as to what they play. However, if you're telling me that Hip Hop isn't a very marketable genre of music, you've got to be joking.