Do you believe?

Apr 8, 2005
San Diego, CA
www.myspace.com
Once again, I have the opportunity to ask a really stupid question. Predictably, once again I can't resist.

We all know Opeth's new album is going to be called "Ghost Reveries," and that it's going to have a song on it called "Ghost of Perdition." I notice a pattern here...so...

Do you believe in ghosts? (I'm assuming the answer is probably an overwhelming "No" but I'm curious anyway.)

Kind of. I believe there's more to us humans then just chemical reactions is a 100% scientifical world.. but that doesn't mean I believe everyones experiences or "ghost stories". I just try to keep an open mind. There's some unexplained things that happend to me, and there's some unexplained things that happened to the people I trust.

I do. If you don't believe in things then you will lead a miserable and unrewarding life.

BRI said:
I do. If you don't believe in things then you will lead a miserable and unrewarding life.

So you need fairy tales to make you happy? That sounds pretty miserable to me.

I'd like to think there is something but i get the niggling feeling when we die.. that's it.. no after life etc.. Wouldn't mind hearing that white noise shiz though! Might make me a believer if i heard it for myself

Hieronimus said:
People in the 15th century that were saying the earth was flat were considered to have common sense too...

That's actually a misconception. People have known the world to be round for much longer than that.

What's interesting to me is that any human feels they know anything(and sometimes everything) about how exactly we came about, what happens when we die, and all the other mysteries of the universe.

We're so feable minded that scientists still know very little about how the brain works, and in the 'grand scheme of things'...we know very little about anything.

Oh yeah, and we're also very insignificant...amazing how seriously so many take themselves and their lives. I can't say I haven't myself...but I'm trying very hard not to care.

Seth