Do you have a stock portfolio?

today i started playing https://www.wealthbase.com/ with some friends

it's a stock trading game on web/ios/android where you get $100,000 in pretend funbux and you compete to see who has the best return least amount of losses over a period of X days. this way maybe you will learn how fucking stupid you are and not do the same irl with real money later.

day 1. status so far: bought more $GME :lol:

maybe we can set up an RC game :dopey:

LOL, and yes, I did. Man that would be depressingly hilarious if you make a bunch of wild moves and end up a gabillionaire by the end.

I used to play poker with funmoney and it's whacky the stupid gambling moves you go for with that as opposed to say actually dumping your car keys in the pot and risking a walk home like in some gang star movie. I could easily blow $100,000 in Monopoly money but $40 of actual cash in singles I'll dole out slowly and with great risk aversion like Scrooge McDuck.

https://www.tiktok.com/@movethemarket?_d=secCgYIASAHKAESMgown+kjMM7KCHX1V11ldaDN/sJOn7Mhvz48rozi5Re63Y6k8iZc0YJTD5WzNHqL8SCBGgA=&language=en&preview_pb=0&sec_user_id=MS4wLjABAAAAj-0YvI9BFvc4cUcyG7OnsH9byf_JI9QQQl4DCHnofiD-OpRSPl46StsEbmp_e5Di&share_app_name=musically&share_item_id=6926986774111653125&share_link_id=b2942590-596d-46f4-8771-9966d035c1d6&timestamp=1612819789&u_code=daegaa5cig25lb&user_id=6785639923841876997&utm_campaign=client_share&utm_medium=android&utm_source=twitter&source=h5_m

Oh boy. If this really happens, I will ride that wave and try to time the crest as best I can.

tenor.gif

url

Last edited:
after selling my GME and paying the idiot tax i did one more maybe dumb but maybe smart thing yesterday; i bought into Fractal Gaming Group's IPO. fractal design, as they used to be known i guess, makes cases, fans, keyboards, etc. gaming hardware. good shit, high quality. it's a swedish company and i got an offer to be part of the IPO and it was not expensive so i thought what the hell. their financials have been looking green for a long time and it's a good company that i don't mind holding onto for a while
bought this, sold this, made $380 today

patching up my gme losses

I don't really know anything about any of this shit, but this thread and the other has piqued my interest a bit lately. I already gamble (and lose) too much on sports betting so probably don't need another way of pissing away money though.

w33d.png

Look at this fuckin' shit. I only have $107 on this pot stock, but that has to be stressful if you are wagering $$$$$$$. Or maybe that's part of the thrill.

Either way I'm tapped out at $2,700 STONKBUXXX invested over the last a week. I'm up $100 or so even after today's losses, but part of me thinks I shoulda just bought a nice bass instead.