Do you listen to metal and only metal?

I have about 250-300 CDs. About two thirds of those are metal.

I listened to mostly classic rock for about 4 years before I got into metal, so I'm open to other shit. Only trouble is, I'll let people know if I hate it.

I really listen to everything that isn't country or mainstream rap. However, I love the very talented worthwhile rap artists such as Nas, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, and Common among others. RATM KICKS ASS! They are what eventually got me into listening to Metal. Red Hot Chili Peppers are amazing too. I love enjoying such a wide variety of music, it allows you to connect with lots more people. And, you can argue your shit about music all day because I would know what I'm talking about before I judge a genre. Except country because it actually does suck. = )

Yeah back in High School. Don't remember it much... I only know that back then I hated it. I was pretty close-minded then... if it wasn't Bach or Slayer I was having none of it.

Oh my god. They stick it soooo badly to the faggots today who think thier punk... preps... and shit like that. Thier incredible...you
should check em out.

On of my favourite songs:

"Terminal Preppie"

I go to college
That makes me so cool
I live in a dorm
And show off by the pool

I join the right clubs
Just to build an impression
I block out thinking
It won't get me ahead

My ambition in life
Is to look good on paper
All I want is a slot
In some big corporation

John Belushi's my hero
I lampoon and I ape him
My news of the world
Comes from Sports Illustrated

I'm proud of my trophies
Like my empty beer cans
Stacked in rows up the wall
To impress all my friends

No, I'm not here to learn
I just want to get drunk
And major in business
And be taught how to fuck

Win! Win!
I always play to win
Wanna fit in like a cog
In the faceless machine

[Chorus]
I'm a terminal terminal terminal preppie
terminal terminal terminal preppie
terminal terminal terminal terminal
terminal terminal terminal terminal

I want a wife with tits
Who just smiles all the time
In my centerfold world
Filled with Springsteen and wine

Some day I'll have power
Some day I'll have boats
A tract in some suburb
With Thanksgivings to host

[Chorus]
I'm a terminal terminal terminal preppie

Being Canadian, what's with the whole 'aboot' thing? I'm from BC, and which part of Canada says that? Eastern Canada? I've honestly never heard anyone say 'aboot'? ...an no offense but where I live only Natives say "eh" as a redundant word at the end of every sentence.
Yea, i know Canadian's say "eh" quite often but i have never heard "aboot" from one yet...I don't know whats up with that whole deal.

Metal is what I listen to the majority of the time. I have only metal on my iPod at the moment, but sometimes I'll listen to classical, classic rock or techno. That's about it. I avoid shit like mainstream rap and pop garbage.

Metal, punk, prog, bits n' pieces of folk and Bauhaus style goth rock and I'm going to get some more jazz and classical.

I'm sure there's some great rap too, I just haven't heard it yet...

I'd hate to just listen to just metal.

And on Dead Kennedys: :headbang:

Mostly Metal, Im picky about metal though, I only like 10-20 bands per sub-genre. I like Jazz, mostly fusion, experimental and some be-bop. I like old reggae pre-1980. Classical on occasion, Bach, Paganini, Wagner, Rachmoninav(sp). A few rappers, Snoop Dogg, Kanye West, Wu-Tang, Notorius BIG, NWA, Ice Cube, but not very often. I hate country, pop, 98% of what is or was ever considered rock, grunge, Acoustic guitar hippie shit and much more.

I amnot really a metal-head so to say. I dont wear bands shrits often and even then i dont own much. I say at metal forums because they have ussally the best music talks. But i do listen metal only on the computer aside froma few non-metal bands.

So are you Straight Outta Canada?! :p
:lol: I like that song too, before I got into death and black metal I'd split the music into listneing to Rap and Nu Metal/Manstream Metal. Now I only buy Black/Death Metal CD's but I still like rap like 36 Mafia and certain West Coast rappers though I don't see myself buying another rap CD in the future. My CD case is actually funny, I think everyone laughs when you see Bone Thugs N Harmony and 36 Mafia right next to Emperor and Morbid Angel.:lol:
I haven't listened to my Rap CD's in forever, but I liked and still do like stuff like Rammstein, some Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, I'm not a big rock fan by any means and generally dislike almost all Rock music but when it's got a gothic or industrial edge to it I tend to like it, I guess I should go listen to the newer Katatonia then.