Do you still listen to Watershed?

Opeth is just changing...whenever bands gain new members, usually the sound changes. So if you want the old Opeth....say goodbye, because it will never happen again...Today's Opeth is the next age of Opeth

As a kickass song, yeah, it maybe is one of the 10 best songs, or let's say 20.. but technically, I don't think that it is one of the best song Mikael has ever written. There's nothing awesome in Heir Apparent, but the song is, in its whole, just great. For example, I find its structure a little boring. I'd say that the top 10 songs Mikael as ever written lies into Blackwater Park, Still Life and Ghost Reveries, easily.

I wished you didn't forget MAYH. April Ethereal and When are really epic and for me both better songs than Heir Apparent.

^Yeah, Heir Apparent is more exciting for example, and has a certain charm in itself I love it a lot, but I would choose that two over HA as a whole. By the way certain killer songs would come from the three albums you mentioned which are my favourite too except for one song from a different album. Well I am a Deliverance addict what can I do :)

FTLOG = For the love of God. Urban dictionary is your friend.

I see. Are you in such a hurry that you cannot write it word by word (I would understand if you said "yes". Urban dictionary is for urban people I guess:rolleyes:)? Anyway, nevermind let's not talk about my good-speaking will since I suck at speaking English.

Nice. Let's piss on each others hands then.

:err: Let's do that...

I just don't know if I can take anyone seriously who doesn't think Heir Apparent is one of the best songs (top 10) Åkerfeldt has ever written.

^^and no, Heir Apparent isn't even in the top 50 best songs Mikael has written, there's nothing special about it imo.

When you use two ^s, that indicates two posts above you... so are you talking to me? In any event, Mikael certainly thinks it's one of the best songs he's ever written, but then, who the hell is he to determine which songs are his best work? The author?

You are wrong.

No I'm not. This isn't even a matter of opinion/*~~*~subjectivitie~*~*. I said I don't know if I can take you, or anyone seriously who doesn't think this song is the fockin fury.

As a kickass song, yeah, it maybe is one of the 10 best songs, or let's say 20.. but technically, I don't think that it is one of the best song Mikael has ever written. There's nothing awesome in Heir Apparent, but the song is, in its whole, just great. For example, I find its structure a little boring. I'd say that the top 10 songs Mikael as ever written lies into Blackwater Park, Still Life and Ghost Reveries, easily.

the solo man, the solo!

The solo is most likely one of opeth's most techinical solos ever. I'm not saying it's the best (before I get bashed) I for example love the two windowpane solos and which are not technical but much more "emotional" in lack of better words.

Anyway my point; the solo is amazing and fredrik deserves recognition for it, just listen to them palm mutes (if you are a guitarist you should really be able to appreciate this even if its not your cup of tea)

Anyway, for me, I like watershed more than I did for a few months ago. I've even started to like Porcelain Heart quite a lot and I think the reason for my dislike was that I just read people's opinion. I left watershed in my cd case for a while and not because it was bad, but because I was listening to other things for a while. Now that I played watershed again a few months later, I can honestly say I really really like this record and it is definately a step in the right direction.

Thanks opeth!

the solo man, the solo!

The solo is most likely one of opeth's most techinical solos ever. I'm not saying it's the best (before I get bashed) I for example love the two windowpane solos and which are not technical but much more "emotional" in lack of better words.

Anyway my point; the solo is amazing and fredrik deserves recognition for it, just listen to them palm mutes (if you are a guitarist you should really be able to appreciate this even if its not your cup of tea)

Anyway, for me, I like watershed more than I did for a few months ago. I've even started to like Porcelain Heart quite a lot and I think the reason for my dislike was that I just read people's opinion. I left watershed in my cd case for a while and not because it was bad, but because I was listening to other things for a while. Now that I played watershed again a few months later, I can honestly say I really really like this record and it is definately a step in the right direction.

Thanks opeth!
wow finally someone shares the same "feelings" towards the album :p
ohhh poor "Watershed" :p