Do you still listen to Watershed?

I havent listened to it in a long time. I got bored of it very quickly, I guess for me it's just lacking something that makes it as interesting as the rest. There are songs I love and songs I think are a little boring but I listen to BWP far more than any other record.

I think I've only listened to the full album about 5 or so times. Haven't spun it in months.

shittt, haven't seen you post in ages.

on the topic, i haven't spun it for at least a few months now. it's just not something i ever feel like. i can genuinely say that it bores me to death.

I personally don't prefer it to Still Life, but I know a lot of people who do. It's not unfathomable.

lol i thought even opeth fanboys had the capacity to understand that still life was a musical milestone. for opeth, and for metal. the fact that people have to take more than one thought to understand that SL is on a totally different level is beyond me.

lol i thought even opeth fanboys had the capacity to understand that still life was a musical milestone. for opeth, and for metal. the fact that people have to take more than one thought to understand that SL is on a totally different level is beyond me.

What's your point?

I think Still Life is the best Opeth album but I'm still listening Watershed everyday (and the others).. Roadrunner Records said that it's a hunting masterpiece, I think it's not.. different taste and line but however Watershed made me feel good and my point of view, it maintained respect for Opeth!

The problem is that the band thinks they released a masterpiece, their best album. But, in fact, it's not. Albums better than Watershed:

Still Life
Blackwater Park
Ghost Reveries
Deliverance
And maybe MAYH.

that fanboys are mindless, i guess

What does that have to do with liking Watershed more than Still Life? Why does being a fanboy mean you need to prefer the former to the latter? Isn't that what you were implying?

mm i thought i was being direct, my point is that only fanboys can't realize that SL is in totally different realm of quality

mm i thought i was being direct, my point is that only fanboys can't realize that SL is in totally different realm of quality

What's there to realize? It's purely subjective. I don't get it.

wtf i thought it was fanboys who worshipped still life as if it was scripture

That's exactly what I was going to say. If there is one album that most Opeth fans can reach a consensus about, it's probably Still Life.

fans love still life, fanboys love the newest album

there's nothing to "realize", you're not supposed to get an epiphany from my posts burntoast, i've just noticed that with every new album, generally it's the fanboys that love it more than any other one, that is until the next one comes out. totally regardless of the album's quality.