Do you still listen to Watershed?

This crossed my mind the other day. Looking back at GR, after about 3-4 months of listening to it over & over, I grew tired of it.
I've probably only listened to GR in it's entirety twice since then.

Watershed has evoked the opposite emotions.
I still listen to it every chance I get.
In fact, I enjoy it now more than ever.
I've grown to appreciate Watershed so much.
It has so many great moments.
Porcelain Heart is the only song I don't care for.
The rest are just so fucking good.
TLE, did take some time to grown on me.
Now it's one of my favorites.

Mike did mention that he expects to play more Watershed songs when they return.
I'm hoping for Burden & Her Apparent. Burden would be such a good song live. Can't wait

I'm just now getting into the band and just got Watershed and love it. I have this, Damnation and Blackwater park and even though this album is very bizzare I'm loving it. I'm still trying to get what the plot of the album is trying to read the lyrics off the internet...assuming there is a plot.
Looking forward to getting Still Life which I've heard from many is one of the best.

I'm just now getting into the band and just got Watershed and love it. I have this, Damnation and Blackwater park and even though this album is very bizzare I'm loving it. I'm still trying to get what the plot of the album is trying to read the lyrics off the internet...assuming there is a plot.
Looking forward to getting Still Life which I've heard from many is one of the best.

welcome to the forum! ur on the right track, just keep getting all the albums until u have the whole discography! give every album a chance.:)

Welcome Green Tea! BWP does not really have a plot- it is not a concept album - though Still Life is.

Don't forget to get my favorite- My Arms Your Hearse - that is also a concept album and has some wonderful songs on it!

(and to those who replied to me- I know - takes some will power not to sneak peak and listen to the songs... though only 2 weeks and then the waiting is finally over! :p)

It won't be. The band evolves, and in a forward direction... not back. The fans will either evolve and come along for the ride, or they will drop off to enjoy the records that they love to listen to for eternity. I believe the spots left by those who chose to leave the journey will be filled by new fans who are more attuned the band's current location on the path. Perhaps Watershed was just your stop.

+1, hell of a speech!
And Yeah, of corpze I still listen to WS, it's even in my top 3 Opeth albums, I think I hear it more than any other Opeth album at the moment!

i gave it up about three weeks ago due to lack of time, otherwise i would be still listening to it.

now refering to the endless struggle...

i wouldnt say that i refuse the new direction opeth has choosen, in fact i like it.
however, on WS i didnt find myself eager to listen to it again and again.

anyway, i suppose hardly anyone was expecting any breakthrough, imo their best album was already made.

I do not dislike it, by any stretch. But I hope that, in this new evolution of Opeth, that they refine the stuff they did on Watershed to a better, more enjoyable record.

I listen to Watershed quite often, as do I with all Opeth albums. The albums that get the most play for me are Blackwater Park, Still Life, Ghost Reveries, and Damnation. The least played is probably Orchid.

It won't be. The band evolves, and in a forward direction... not back. The fans will either evolve and come along for the ride, or they will drop off to enjoy the records that they love to listen to for eternity. I believe the spots left by those who chose to leave the journey will be filled by new fans who are more attuned the band's current location on the path. Perhaps Watershed was just your stop.

I am with you on this. At the moment I am still along for the ride, and I think the band are still improving, though there has been nothing wrong with previous releases. Perhaps there will come a time when I arrive at my stop (nice analogy, by the way). This has happened with other much loved bands...

Do I still listen to Watershed? Most certainly - a couple of times a week - this is a beautiful album... Though others may feel differently.

I CAN'T LISTEN WATERSHED!i never had the strength to listen this album...it's strange,every song it's good enough but i get bored to death every time i try to hear it.i don't know y..i have the feeling that some parts of the songs should had cut!i think that if watershed was 15' shorter it would be much better imo....

I CAN'T LISTEN WATERSHED!i never had the strength to listen this album...it's strange,every song it's good enough but i get bored to death every time i try to hear it.i don't know y..i have the feeling that some parts of the songs should had cut!i think that if watershed was 15' shorter it would be much better imo....

But you can listen to Orchid etc...?

I've already posted, but the topic is still being bumped. So, yes, I still listen to Watershed. It's amazing. Better than SL, MR and MAYH? Maybe not, but at this stage in their career Opeth could do no better. Kudos

hmm so I just clicked with a song I didn't like initially.
Coil.

Still think porcelain heart should be fully acoustic.
Just taking a while to really 'click' with the whole album... It's not so accessible for some...