Do you still listen to Watershed?

Watershed is on par with everything else they have done. Not my favourite album though, not to say I don't enjoy it! Still Life, Ghost Reveries, and Blackwater Park get the most plays I would say. Orchid the least.

Now ... some months have passed, and do you still listen to it regularity? Do you think its an Opeth-Classic?

I didnt listen to it for 4 Weeks or so, i dont know why but i prefer listening to mayh, still life or BWP in my car, or when i play videogames. what do you think?

I listen to it at least 4 times a week. From the beginning until the end.

I still listen to it too !! It's awesome actually.But...it needs more heavy parts, i wanna enjoy Mike's clean vocals as much as the growling.
btw..Orchid kicks ass ! i don't think that there was any other band who played such stuff in the early 90s.it's the album that thrust me into Opeth.

I still listen to it quite frequently. It's on rotation in the car, along with Ghost Reveries, Blackwater Park and Still Life.

I still listen to it too !! It's awesome actually.But...it needs more heavy parts, i wanna enjoy Mike's clean vocals as much as the growling.
btw..Orchid kicks ass ! i don't think that there was any other band who played such stuff in the early 90s.it's the album that thrust me into Opeth.

you're wrong, dark tranquillity and in flames played the same kind of twin lead scream/growl metal, very similar to orchid and morningrise.

i am a big opeth fan... but nope, it's like 2 month or more that i dont listen watershed anymore...

The reason?
I like the album overall, it's a mature evolution of the band, but sincerly i prefer the old albums, because there is a continuous unespected evolution of the melodies that keeps me addicted until the last note of every song when i am listening, again and again after years....
I Think that Watershed lacks about this, probably for a "more ordinary" way of composing the songs.. Yes, in my opinion maybe this the first opeth boring record... and maybe if they putted more songs and ideas it would be still in my cd player..but the reality is that it's in his package tacking dust.

But i like it nevertheless..
:)

Yes! And now I'm even starting to like Burden. Only Porcelain Heart after the 2nd verse remains on my "meh" list.

you're wrong, dark tranquillity and in flames played the same kind of twin lead scream/growl metal, very similar to orchid and morningrise.

Opeth and other bands all used those elements yes, but you can hardly say that early In Flames or Dark Tranquility actually sounded the same as Opeth ... Very different kind of compositions, far less accoustic work, very different kinds of riffs, and less beautiful melodies. Opeth DID stand out already then, even though they fitted within a certain style.

Opeth and other bands all used those elements yes, but you can hardly say that early In Flames or Dark Tranquility actually sounded the same as Opeth ... Very different kind of compositions, far less accoustic work, very different kinds of riffs, and less beautiful melodies. Opeth DID stand out already then, even though they fitted within a certain style.

true

Not one of my favourite Opeth records (which are MAYH, SL and BWP) but I still find it quite excellent, and probably my favourite album released in 2008. I also think it's a grower, at first I didn't like it that much

i am a big opeth fan... but nope, it's like 2 month or more that i dont listen watershed anymore...

The reason?
I like the album overall, it's a mature evolution of the band, but sincerly i prefer the old albums, because there is a continuous unespected evolution of the melodies that keeps me addicted until the last note of every song when i am listening, again and again after years....
I Think that Watershed lacks about this, probably for a "more ordinary" way of composing the songs.. Yes, in my opinion maybe this the first opeth boring record... and maybe if they putted more songs and ideas it would be still in my cd player..but the reality is that it's in his package tacking dust.

But i like it nevertheless..
:)
This post expresses exactly what I feel about this record. It could't be better.

(Y)

Finally received the final Opeth album for my collection so I now have them all and have been listening to each of them as much as I can.

Without a doubt, Watershed is my favorite album. This was the third Opeth album I got at the time and what really got me into this band and was obsessed wanting to see them live which I did.I can listen to this album every day and never get bored. I will also bet for those that don't recognize it's greatness, this album will be considered a classic in years to come and perhaps people will look differently upon it.

Opeth did not stand out back then I think. Early In Flames and Dark Tranquillity albums own Morningrise and Orchid. Opeth blossomed later on with very successful albums consequtively where Dark Tranquillity became repetitive and In Flames went way mainstream..

But of course they differed from Opeth, 10 minute songs only are enough to testify that.