Do you still listen to Watershed?

Right now my album rankings for Opeth go..

1. Ghost Reveries
2. Still Life
3. Blackwater Park
4. Watershed
5. My Arms, Your Hearse
6. Damnation
7. Deliverance
8. Morningrise
9. Orchid

So ya Watershed is pretty damn good. But of course, these rankings don't mean I dislike any of the albums, i.e. MAYH is only so low because I'm not absolutely in love with The Amen Corner and Karma just isn't as memorable.

5:44-7:23 of Hessian Peel is currently my favorite among really heavy Opeth :)

dunnno wtf is going with u people !!! If opeth kept playing the same stuff as before ! u would probably say : Oh the assholes are repeating themselves or whatever bullshit u would say ! It's exactly the same thing that happened after Morningrise, they changed their style, and this time just a little bit !! Watershed is just fucking awesome ! i love it !!!
and it's even better than Blackwater Park [anyone pissed off? :p :p hell no i'm kidding ! blackwater park has its own "throne" :p] but seriously people, if u don't like the album, don't listen to it !!! and wait for the next album or go to "the next opeth album" thread and put all ur hopes out there ok?
peace out

Yes still listen to the album, is very much a grower.
The album has such variety, and Lotus Eater, Burden and Porcelain Heart are just awesome.
Cracking band.

dunnno wtf is going with u people !!! If opeth kept playing the same stuff as before ! u would probably say : Oh the assholes are repeating themselves or whatever bullshit u would say ! It's exactly the same thing that happened after Morningrise, they changed their style, and this time just a little bit !! Watershed is just fucking awesome ! i love it !!!
and it's even better than Blackwater Park [anyone pissed off? :p :p hell no i'm kidding ! blackwater park has its own "throne" :p] but seriously people, if u don't like the album, don't listen to it !!! and wait for the next album or go to "the next opeth album" thread and put all ur hopes out there ok?
peace out

lolz

I still listen to the album. I'm actually addicted to Porcelain Heart and Heir Apparent. The beginning of Coil kind of makes me cringe, though. Mikael's voice just doesn't seem to fit the song.

watershed to me, is a great album musically, especially in terms of technicality (thankyou to the addition of frederik and axe particularly), but seems to lack the atmosphere that i love, which is present in older albums. in saying that though, watershed has a unique atmosphere, which i am beginning to appreciate more, it is a step forward, and i'm glad they didn't release something too similar to their older works. i'd rather see opeth release different styles of music every album, rather than becoming stagnant and re-hashing the same ideas over and over.

I really have grown to love Watershed. I was a little "iffy" on it at first, but as I listened to it more I began to like it. My friend was the same way, all he ever heard was BWP but i let him barrow watershed and all he liked was The Lotus Eater...now almost 3 months later he told me he's heard more songs and is going to buy it because he likes it more now than he did earlier.

Heir Apparent and Hessian Peel along with LTE are my favorite tracks.

I think everyone has had to have Watershed grow on them for a while....

I just don't know if I can take anyone seriously who doesn't think Heir Apparent is one of the best songs (top 10) Åkerfeldt has ever written.

The more I listen to WS the more I realise how gash it is.

^^and no, Heir Apparent isn't even in the top 50 best songs Mikael has written, there's nothing special about it imo.

So many of you are completely retarded. At least you can pretend to be slightly mature.

It's a great album, very solid and consistent all the way through. No, it's not their best, but it is one of their most consistent and strong efforts for sure. It has longevity, and will sound just as good in 10, 20 and 30 years from now. It has that 'sound', similar to Still Life.

You are wrong.

fail2.jpg

Get a clue, Watershed kicks ass, especially Heir Apparent. :headbang:

I just don't know if I can take anyone seriously who doesn't think Heir Apparent is one of the best songs (top 10) Åkerfeldt has ever written.

As a kickass song, yeah, it maybe is one of the 10 best songs, or let's say 20.. but technically, I don't think that it is one of the best song Mikael has ever written. There's nothing awesome in Heir Apparent, but the song is, in its whole, just great. For example, I find its structure a little boring. I'd say that the top 10 songs Mikael as ever written lies into Blackwater Park, Still Life and Ghost Reveries, easily.