does any one here create electronic stuff?

-Noodles-

3 Initals Mixer
Dec 20, 2007
Well,.. do you?

Recently I've found myself listening and creating the odd DnB tune. No idea why, but I really like the idea of mixing up styles - and then taking ideas from each genre into my other mixes..

Anyone create electronic stuff, or are you all metalheads??

I LOOOVVVEEE synths in metal (Soilwork, Scar Symmetry), as well as electro in general (Depeche Mode's "Violator" is among my top 20 albums of all time) - check out the songs "Racing the Night" and "Far Beyond the Stars" in my myspace if you wanna hear my take on the synthy melo-death thing. I just got me an EMU Xboard 49 MIDI controller, so I'm looking forward to doing some electro stuff in the future, though I probably won't be able to resist throwing in some "chugga-chuggas," cuz that's my nature :heh: (and for a perfect example of this, check out Black Neon Bob's songs under the "Toxic Grind Machine" moniker - stuff like "Neon Christ City" and "Realm of Reality" is like trance/dance + metal, I can't get enough of it :lol: )

me and my buddy recorded a shitty project back in the day. it was kinda like crotch duster (we were listening to them) a mix of pretty mucgh everything.

it was a concept album about a gang of pedophile gangsters from compton.... michigan. they are called the underage youth partol. pretty funny shit actually, feel free to search for uyp or underage youth partol on myspace. lol the production is shit, it was recorded with fruity loops and a marshall 10 w plugged into the back of a shitty dell pc. we were wasted as shit! its fucking hilarious tho...

(and for a perfect example of this, check out Black Neon Bob's songs under the "Toxic Grind Machine" moniker - stuff like "Neon Christ City" and "Realm of Reality" is like trance/dance + metal, I can't get enough of it :lol: )

Neon Christ City is one of my favourite songs ever!

And realm of reality made me buy a Pod XT haha!

Bob, up for that collaboration later this yar when i've moved my recording gear up to finlad?

That's wicked.. Really good production. Not a massive fan of her voice - but she'd make pretty awesome samples!

Thank you very much:) I´m glad, that still no one throw stones on me now..*smile* But I do also lots of Metal. I think in Germany you can earn money with producing , if you make all music genres. But I hate Trance..boom boom techno:puke:

Anyone create electronic stuff

I would if I could, but I learned early on to leave it to the professionals.

I'm not into DnB or trance or anything really club-centric, but electrofunk (for lack of a better term) is great listening while driving or cleaning the house or working late at the office. Daft Punk's Discovery is one of my all time Top 10 favourite albums.... now I just need to figure out what the other nine are! :loco:

Anyone create electronic stuff

Yeah, but mostly in Vortech context. There's five fully electronic songs in the albums so far (plus a lot of electronics in the other songs too), and the next album will have two or three more. I've also been doing pure dark/ambient in the backdrops, but I still need to work on that stuff before I publish them. I do have some older experimental stuff I did in Cryonity, but they're mostly just demos and testing around. You can listen to them here http://www.mikseri.net/cryonity

Im probably the only one in this forum who LOVES Eurodance! ;D
Scatman John, Snipers, 2 Unlimited etc. ;D

Big Skinny Puppy fan here as well as NIN, Download, Marilyn Manson, Aphex, Depeche Mode, Venetian Snares, ext ext... Used to make a lot of Skinny Puppy sounding stuff. (the old school SP) Still got a few analog keyboards, hardware samplers and some newer tech shit like Nord Lead 3, Waldorf k, Micro Korg & a 80's Juno 106. Love electronic stuff if it's not just the same loop over and over.

Cheers Marcus!

Bob, up for that collaboration later this yar when i've moved my recording gear up to finlad?

Yeah Gavin, im still up for it! I have so much to finish up right now (TGM) and still have a few bands to mix, so later this year sounds perfect! :lol:

also can't believe smy has not posted in this thread yet..he has some nice eletronic stuff as well.

Electronic music is a big part of my world too; Amon Tobin, Émilie Simon, The Knife, Coil, and biggest of all, Ulver, are a big influence for me :)

If anybody is interested, I wrote and produced a pop song (originally a remix of the unrest):

Your Nightmare Lullaby (swedish pop mix)

And some here's some EPIC goblin rap I produced with friends last summer: :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/thewondersofmcphobian

Trev, im not even sure if "Nightmare Lullaby" is pop music... the beginning is a wee bit poppish, but i would say it's more epic electronic music then pop.

btw, at work i have been singing this song for hours straight.. love it!

I used to listen to a shit ton of electronic stuff when i was in like 7&8th grade, but could never find anything that I really, really liked. It all got old real quick and I really dislike electronic music with vocals or like movie quotes and all that shit in it, which happens to be like 90% of all of the shit. wuuht.

i've fucked with reason and made some electronic tunes, but i don't like getting in there and deep editing shit so i pretty much stick to stock sounds.