Does Peter Sing?

I think its great having SW sing in opeth songs, he has a fantastic voice, probably better than mikaels. I don't see why some people hate the fact that he has sung on opeth cd's, you can't tell me "devious movement in your eyes" isn't pure ownage.

SW does have a nice voice, it sounds very similar to Mikael's on "Bleak", but hits notes Mikael has trouble getting to. This is exactly when I think a guest should be included on a CD, to bring something that the regular members can't contribute or wouldn't do in the same way.

IAmEternal said:
This is exactly when I think a guest should be included on a CD, to bring something that the regular members can't contribute or wouldn't do in the same way.

Like Wilson doing the Master's Apprentices harmony vocals, eh?

I was very much referring to Wilson sounding so out of tune on the DVD when him and Mike are recording the said part, and also him referring to "the tune" that will miraculously fix it.

Its amazing how many people nitpick steven wilson for his production techniques.

Every producer in the business uses the same or very similar processes to make the bands sound right...there just isnt documentaries about them for you nut jobs to flame them about it. :Smug:

Also when steven wilson sings live he sings in tune, If you have nothing positive to say................

Id like to hear peter and per do harmony, in wonder if mike aswell can get some gentle giant like harmonies going on on the next album.

Alternative 3 said:
Also when steven wilson sings live he sings in tune, If you have nothing positive to say................

Id like to hear peter and per do harmony, in wonder if mike aswell can get some gentle giant like harmonies going on on the next album.

now THAT would be cool i say.

Fuck flaming SW for his production techniques. I flame him for his boring, overrated music (only PT, haven't heard No-Man or anything else he's been involved in)!

Everyone knows that Kurt Cobain was killed by Courtney Love. He did not commit suicide.

Alternative 3 said:
When i first heard Opeth i thought Peter might sing the clean part, cuz for some reason i thought Mike's voice sounded like it should be coming from Peter.

yeah about 2 years ago i just had group pics and stuff and when i went to launch they showed a pic of peter as the band pic so i figured he was the frontman. then i got some other pics and the dvd and realized what was goin on

Gunhaver said:
as long as cobain is dead, i'm happy :)

yeah, i can't believe how high he's been making it on best guitarists lists like in Rolling Stone. Ridiculously overrated.

Jon Snow said:
yeah, i can't believe how high he's been making it on best guitarists lists like in Rolling Stone. Ridiculously overrated.
Shut up, dude. It takes an insane amount of integrity to play the same 4 chords in every one of your songs, on every album, at every gig, for every year and generally for every single song your ever play without going completely, totally, fuckiotally insane.