does the emg alx give a wah'ish effect?

Botta

OoooYeH
Apr 8, 2010
Us
i did look at one other thread that said the je 1000 gives a wah affect and im wondering if the emg alx does the same thing. thanks in advance

No the ALX does not as that is just his signature PU.

The ABQ is what will give you that wah'ish effect.

The ABQ is basically a clone of the JE-1000, just smaller.

When I play at home you can deff hear it.

Alexi uses the MM-04 still, not the ABQ.(at least that's what all his sig models come with, and all his live photos still have the switch for it)...prob why you don't hear it when he plays.

I'm telling you when I play it at home it does have a wah sound to it.

Do you actually get to play one or just judging by what you heard from the EMG demo video?

MMV - did you start making those already? I knew you said you were going to but it would be a few weeks.

This is the best video I could find on youtube where you can hear the wah effect in his sound.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3V-9zx6Yz0&feature=related[/ame]

No, but I can make JE-1000 for you and it will.

i can see myself buying one if you can get it up ebay or somthing to make it more offical and easier to buy it. i would use paypal anyway. i have a j-50bc so why not finshish the complete project.

and to the rest of the guys i want to say thank you. if i dont get a je 1000 ill just get a emg alx. question if the black tap stuff? around the pickup has some age cracks is that bad? the guy i got it from says it was just comestics. im a newb to pickup condition.

also you guys think that hes using a different setup with his new pickup becuase when i whatch some there vids that are live from 2010 his sound is different from back in older the days. if so wouldnt that contribute in canceling the wah effect?

This is the best video I could find on youtube where you can hear the wah effect in his sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3V-9zx6Yz0&feature=related
Yeah can hear it at the beginning because he's using a wah effect but at the end when he didn't use any effects you can't hear it. It's not to compare with the Je-1000. Again - check out his tone or even Alexis tone in this EMG video and compare it with mine or Mitchs...

He's got the switch because otherwise he would have a hole in his guitar but the MM-04 should do the same thing. Again a short sample of my Je-1000. You can clearly hear the wah-effect wheras I coudn't hear any wah from the ABQ. (Excuse my sloppy playing. I just recorded some random stuff) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2960894/je test_Abmischung.mp3

theres a clear wah affect. i also like how its sharp to. did you use the gain boost or is that just ouput of the pickup itself?

after whatching some more videos of the emg alx i have to agree with srob that there is a wah affect but i dont think it is as strong as the one that the je 1000 gives you.

i can see myself buying one if you can get it up ebay or somthing to make it more offical and easier to buy it. i would use paypal anyway. i have a j-50bc so why not finshish the complete project.

Probably monday it will be in eBay. I have to wait to link and confirm my credit card to PayPal first, or something like that.

Probably monday it will be in eBay. I have to wait to link and confirm my credit card to PayPal first, or something like that.

Sounds good. Now is thing a push/pull pot like the emg alx? Cuz I have an alexi 600. And how much are you planning to sell them for.

Yo dude mind putting up a few of them. I think I'll get my hands on one (or two :p) I guess I'll go for a pull/push one as I don't really wanna drill I hole in my RR

He's got the switch because otherwise he would have a hole in his guitar but the MM-04 should do the same thing. Again a short sample of my Je-1000. You can clearly hear the wah-effect wheras I coudn't hear any wah from the ABQ. (Excuse my sloppy playing. I just recorded some random stuff) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2960894/je test_Abmischung.mp3

Dude, are you using the J-50BC with that? And what do you think, could I get the same tone out with J-80C?

Hey everyone, I'm new here!

So anyway I ordered the EMG ALX and was wondering if anyone could try the 1.22kHz setting on the ABQ. I read on some old topic here that it was supposed to sound more Bodom-y than the alleged factory signature setting.
You can set the ABQ to 1.22 if you flick the first and second switch down and the third one up.
I'd appreciate it if someone could record some samples of the default and 1.22 setting just to hold me over the next few weeks when I finally get my hands on it and install it on my Ibanez RGR321EX. Great guitar, but the stock bridge pickup sounds poopy.

Thanks. Great forum by the way.